Work Management Coordinator – Fixed (Ref: 29384)
Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Technical Services provides global support to Newmont and its operating businesses across a range of specialized technical functions. Within Technical Services, the Asset Management (AM) function will be responsible for creating and implementing effective global asset strategies, delivering efficient asset planning and strategic insights to drive exceptional global asset performance across Newmont’s portfolio. It aims to ensure that Newmont’s asset management processes and capabilities are a source of sustainable and considerable competitive advantage for Newmont. This is achieved by focusing on business process standardization, proactive collaboration, competency and capability development, maintenance and reliability practices, relevant global productivity metrics and targeted value-adding asset lifecycle cost improvements. The AM function is focused on delivering value aligned with our philosophy of continuous improvement and rapid replication.
The Work Management (WM) Coordinator is a site based role that reports into the centralized AM planning function, supporting the delivery of effective maintenance plans and schedules designed to maximize the efficiency of site maintenance teams and drive improved equipment performance. The Work Management (WM) Coordinator is the site based owner of the departmental maintenance plan and schedule, and is responsible for driving communication between the central AM planning function and the site team to ensure successful execution of
Key outcomes include:
- Ownership of maintenance schedule during development, and support in the execution of site maintenance schedule
- Clear and transparent communication between site and the central AM planning function to provide feedback on and adjustments to the maintenance plan to drive site efficiency
Demonstrate Newmont Values
- Proactively demonstrates Newmont’s core values in all aspects of work
- Actively support Newmont’s safety standards and improvement initiatives
Planning and Scheduling
- Maintains consistent communication with the centralized planning team, providing input and feedback to support the development of short and long term maintenance plans, including resource and material availability
- Ensures final maintenance schedule sign-off by site leads and publishes schedules to execution and operations teams
- Responsible for generating work/job packs and other required materials to execute work
- Engages with supply chain to track parts and materials against weekly maintenance plan and applies contingencies to address shortages or delays if required
- Monitors the progress of maintenance plan, addressing any deviations and adjusting for break-in work where required
- Liaises with local business partners to provide additional resources or specialized skills when required
Analysis and Opportunity Identification
- Conducts weekly planning meetings and backlog review meetings to identify current and emerging priorities and provides feedback to central planning team
- Conducts field observations of work in progress to identify areas of opportunity and provides feedback to planning function
- Ensures and monitors the correct use of the ERP system in accordance with global requirements, including coaching and training of execution team
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
TRAINING & EXPERIENCE
- Thorough knowledge of maintenance principles and industry standards
- Thorough knowledge of the work management process
- Thorough knowledge of planning and scheduling maintenance activities
- General knowledge of performance measures and their interpretation
- • 7+ years of experience in a heavy industry or asset management role
- Experience in both equipment maintenance and planning is desirable
- Experience with manual and computerized maintenance planning systems
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively prioritize jobs in order of importance
- Demonstrated strong inter-personal relationship skills and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills, confidence in communicating across multiple levels in the organization and ability to effectively communicate both in person and virtually
- Ability to quickly assess information to diagnose problems and opportunities, with a track record of strong professional judgement and critical thinking
- Ability to engage with and influence stakeholders across Newmont including central Asset Management, operations, supply chain, and external partners
- Ability to work collaboratively in a high performing, multi-disciplined, diverse team
WORK LOCATION AND SCHEDULE
- The position will be based on-site and will require office and field based work
- Some domestic travel may be required
- Works in a multi-discipline and diverse environment
- Work schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days of rest
- Éléonore mine site (round-trip flights from Montreal, Chibougamau, Matagami, RouynNoranda, Val D’Or and Wemindji)
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com no later than August 30, 2023.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Consistent with Newmont’s values of safety and responsibility, we believe that COVID-19 vaccination is a critical tool to fight this pandemic and protect the health and safety of Newmont’s workforce and the communities in which we work and live. Accordingly, if you receive an offer of employment for this position, you will be required to provide a declaration confirming that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your anticipated start date, and you may also be required to provide proof of vaccination prior to your anticipated start date, or at a later date upon Newmont’s request. Newmont will consider individual requests for exemption/reasonable accommodation by applicants who cannot be fully vaccinated due to medical reasons or other grounds protected by applicable human rights law.