- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Education Level Undergraduate Degree (B.A.)
Department: Environment and Remedial
Works Status: Permanent
Salary Grade 5: (Min. $51,223.00 – Max. $68,383.00)
Location: To Be Determined
The Wildlife Biologist is responsible for providing advice on matters related to the Environment Regime and the Hunting, Fishing and Trapping Regime set out in the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement.
- Coordinate special field research projects.
Advise Cree members of the Hunting, Fishing and Trapping Coordinating Committee (HFTCC) on matters related to wildlife management and other aspects of legislation dealing with the utilization of wildlife resources.
- Assist the Grand Council of the Crees of Eeyou Istchee / Cree Nation Government and the Cree communities and entities in the administration of the Outfitting Regime of the HFTCC.
- Provide support on the analysis of environmental and social impact assessments of development projects, particularly in respect to wildlife resources and habitats.
- Provide assistance to the Cree Trappers Association with respect to the planning, design, and coordination of surveys on wildlife populations, population dynamics, habitat quality, and on the harvest and use of wildlife resources by the Crees.
- Provide assistance to members of various wildlife-related working groups.
- Draft reports.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Wildlife Biology, Environmental Science or related field.
- One to three years of relevant work experience.
- Fluency in English.
- Fluency in French is an asset.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Knowledge and understanding of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement,complementary agreements, and the Paix des Braves Agreement.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Organizational skills and the ability to coordinate multiple projects.
- Judgment and proven ability to problem-solve.
- Ability to take initiative.
- Ability to work under pressure and to adapt to a changing environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Willingness to work both in an office setting and outside.
- Willingness to travel occasionally.
The Cree Nation Government may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the aforementioned requirements if a suitable candidate who is a JBNQA beneficiary accepts to follow a training plan determined by the Cree Nation Government as a condition of employment.
Application Period From January 26, 2021 to February 10, 2021
Application Your application must be sent by email with the competition number: EWRD-210103-2
Valerie Mianscum Recruitment Specialist