Schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
Location: Renard Mine
Homeports : Québec, Val-d’Or, Chapais-Chibougamau and Saint-hubert
Posting date: From September 1st, 2022 to September 22, 2022
Under the responsibility of the Mechanical Foreman, the Welder repairs welds on all mobile equipment on the surface and underground mine.
- Perform various welding jobs on heavy equipment such as trucks, loaders, graders, excavators, bolts, drills, service trucks or any other installation or equipment;
- Upon arrival, check that your workplace is safe and comply with health and safety instructions at all times;
- Immediately notify your supervisor if you become aware of a hazardous situation in the workplace;
- Cut, handle and install steel parts required for the work;
- Determine the nature of the defects and make the necessary modifications;
- Check your workplace before, during and after the work to eliminate the risk of fire;
- Ensure that repairs comply with requirements;
- Ensure the maintenance of accessories and work tools.
- Vocational diploma in welding, significant experience in the mining field may be evaluated as equivalence;
- Hold a valid driver’s license;
- Hold a general explosives permit;
- CWB certificate of competency is an asset;
- Modular training of the mining worker completed (FMTM 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7), an asset;
- 3 to 5 years of experience in the field related to the position;
- Experience with an entity operating in the mining industry is an asset;
- Ability to communicate safely with your work team;
- Ability to work in remote areas in a multicultural environment;
- Demonstrate autonomy and resourcefulness;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Exemplary attitude at all times towards health and safety standards;
- Good communication in French and/or English.
- Versatility and flexibility in tasks
Who We Are
At Stornoway, our 530 employees are what define our company. We hire talented people who work as a team with passion, respect and integrity to work towards the prosperity of all. Together, we operate the first diamond mine in Quebec, the Renard Mine.
True to our values, we create opportunities for our employees to fulfill their career aspirations. We encourage and support teamwork as an integral part of our success. We work with integrity and honesty. We cultivate an environment of respect and inclusion and communicate openly at all levels of the organization. Finally, we look for talented, dedicated and committed people who work with passion. We recognize achievement, hard work and effort.
What we offer
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, a contribution to the retirement savings plan and excellent opportunities for growth and advancement.
We offer a safe work environment combined with several benefits:
– Easy access to the mine site via 4 home ports
– Private accommodation (Bedroom and bathroom)
– Large selection of meals
– Free wifi service at the camp
– Laundry facilities with soap provided
– Health & wellness program
– Weight room and arena
– Hiking trail – snowshoeing
– Leisure activities (painting, cooking, photography, movie nights, etc.)
– Reimbursement of protective eyewear with prescription
– Internal training program
– Reimbursement of tuition fees
– Reimbursement of membership fees to professional associations
– Relocation program (Chapais and Chibougamau) with financial support from Stornoway
The use of the masculine gender is intended solely to lighten the text and refers to both women and men.
Stornoway Diamonds is committed to the principle of employment equity. Our people are our most valuable asset and our goal is to create an inclusive and equitable environment where everyone can reach their true potential.
Stornoway Diamonds does not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. All personnel decisions, including hiring decisions, will be based on the company’s skills and needs. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from a variety of backgrounds.
Thank you for your interest in Stornoway Diamonds, please note that only online applications will be considered.
Please ensure that your profile is complete and up-to-date.
We will only contact you if your application is selected for an interview.