Water Treatment Operator – Process
Ref. : 27083
Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
The Water Treatment Operator is a part of the Process Operations team. He/she is responsible for the water treatment plant. He/she ensures the optimization of the water treatment plant according to the established performance indicators. He/she identifies operational and mechanical problems with the equipment in his/her sector.
- Ensure the proper functioning of the equipment by using a DCS control system and by performing a periodic mechanical inspection such as o Actiflos
- Reagent distribution systems
- All associated auxiliary equipment
- Develop and maintain good communication with the Surface Operations team to ensure water management throughout the site.
- Start and stop the equipment of his sector according to the established procedures
- Perform water quality control tests to ensure compliance with the operational and environmental instructions.
- Ensure the integrity of the samples and their preparation for the analytical laboratory
- Respect, know and promote company regulations and policies, particularly with regard to health and safety.
- Ensure the workplaces are clean and safe at all times.
- Participate in the continuous training program for replacement of operators in the concentrator
- Participate in projects and tests with external stakeholders to improve operations
- Maintain production information records and write reports
- Assist mechanics during maintenance work and production shutdowns
- All tasks related to the performance of his/her duties
- Diploma of Vocational Studies in water treatment or relevant experience.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in water treatment.
- Knowledge of DCS/PLC control systems
- Valid driver’s license
- Bilingualism, French & English (an asset)
- Teamwork in a multicultural environment
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Schedule : 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
- Eleonore Mine site (Fly-in, Fly-out)
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com no later than January 10, 2023.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Consistent with Newmont’s values of safety and responsibility, we believe that COVID-19 vaccination is a critical tool to fight this pandemic and protect the health and safety of Newmont’s workforce and the communities in which we work and live. Accordingly, if you receive an offer of employment for this position, you will be required to provide a declaration confirming that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your anticipated start date, and you may also be required to provide proof of vaccination prior to your anticipated start date, or at a later date upon Newmont’s request. Newmont will consider individual requests for exemption/reasonable accommodation by applicants who cannot be fully vaccinated due to medical reasons or other grounds protected by applicable human rights law.