Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
The Warehouse Supervisor is part of the supply chain team. He/she is responsible for planning, organizing and managing all warehouse operations, parameters, shipping, warehousing and receiving equipment according to all applicable regulations. He/she is also responsible to oversee the annual cycle counting activities, and job observations under the fatality risk management program. The Supervisor adheres to the company’s principles by adopting management practices oriented toward sustainable development and operational excellence and by upholding the organization’s code of conduct.
- Provide excellent service that satisfies sector expectations
- Establish links with other sectors and promote the supply chain within the company
- Coordinate all operations related to merchandise receiving, warehousing, preparation and shipping
- Ensure and maintain warehouse order and cleanliness at all times
- Promote effective and safe work methods
- Coordinate codification of new equipment and changes related to existing parts in SAP
- Monitor order emergencies up to client delivery
- Control inventory, coordinate inventory accounts, and explain and approve variances/inventory adjustments
- Responsible for managing reviews of materials to support best inventory control processes utilizing applications such as IBM Maximo MRO (ONIQUA).
- Prepare and analyze sector performance indicators
- Manage personnel, evaluate their performance and oversee employee development
- Facilitate change management and promote an environment that is conducive to continuous improvement
- Respect, know and promote company rules and policies, particularly in health and safety
- All other related tasks
TRAINING & EXPERIENCE
- College studies diploma in a relevant field and/or combination of studies and relevant experience
- Minimum 2 to 4 years’ experience in a similar position
- Knowledge of SAP system and Microsoft Office Suite
- Bilingualism, French/English is essential
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Manage and develop employees
- Partnership and teamwork in a multicultural environment
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Organizational skills
- Eleonore Mine site (Fly-in, Fly-out)
- Schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days of rest
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com/careers no later than January 4, 2023.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Conformément aux valeurs de sécurité et de responsabilité de Newmont, nous pensons que la vaccination contre le COVID-19 est un outil essentiel pour lutter contre cette pandémie et protéger la santé et la sécurité de la main-d’oeuvre de Newmont et des communautés dans lesquelles nous travaillons et vivons. Par conséquent, si vous recevez une offre d’emploi pour ce poste, il vous sera demandé de fournir une déclaration confirmant que vous êtes entièrement vacciné contre le COVID-19 avant la date prévue de votre entrée en fonction, et il pourra également vous être demandé de fournir une preuve de vaccination avant la date prévue de votre entrée en fonction, ou à une date ultérieure à la demande de Newmont. Newmont examinera les demandes individuelles d’exemption/accommodement raisonnable des candidats qui ne peuvent pas être entièrement vaccinés pour des raisons médicales ou pour d’autres motifs protégés par la législation applicable en matière de droits de l’homme.