LOCATION OF WORK
MISTISSINI – ADULT LEARNING CENTRE
NATURE OF THE WORK
The principal and customary work of an employee in this class of employment consists in helping teachers and staff responsible for the preparation, presentation, supervision and evaluation of the work related to learning concepts and exercises in the context of vocational training.
- The employee in this class of employment conducts demonstrations of tasks requiring the use, operation and maintenance of machinery, trucks, tools, instruments and accessories in certain vocational training fields, such as agriculture, heavy-vehicle driving and forestry.
- He may be required to perform the duties of monitor or tutor.
- He makes sure that the safety rules are observed in performing various tasks and gives examples. He uses audiovisual methods, facilitation techniques or other means, particularly for the theoretical aspects of various fields.
- He may be required to promote his field of activity and maintain professional relations with businesses.
- Depending on his field of activity, the employee may be required to discuss contracts, prepare bids and handle the sale and purchase of material.
- He may be required to loan tools or machines to students and explain how they work.
- He guides students in carrying out their projects.
- He keeps an inventory of equipment and supplies, fills out purchase orders, monitors the budget allocated to his sector and keeps current an accounting summary of operations.
- He prepares statements, produces reports on his sector of activity and may be required to draw up development plans.
- The employee keeps the equipment and tools used in good condition and, for this purpose, carries out inspections, maintenance, repairs and, if necessary, changes.
- He may be required to use a computer and the necessary software to perform his duties or conduct research on the Internet.
- He may be required to assist a staff member with software specific to his or her work.
- He may be required to train less experienced technicians as well as coordinate the work of support staff in performing duties related to the implementation of programs involving technical operations for which he or she is responsible.
- If need be, he or she performs any other related duty.
Hold a Diploma of College Studies in an appropriate technical program for the class of employment or a diploma or an attestation of studies recognized as equivalent by the competent authority.
Hold a valid qualification certificate or a pertinent journeyman certificate for the program offered, and have five (5) years of experience in the practice of the trade cited on the certificate.
- Knowledge of English and Cree is a requirement.
- Working knowledge of French is an asset.
- Regular, full-time position 35 hours per week.
- Salary: $22.23/hr to $29.05/hr
- Northern Allowance: $8, 484.00 to $13, 573.00
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
As soon as possible
Please send your CV and complete the Application Form found HERE.
Please indicate competition #: MIS-4092
Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.
POSTING DATE November 24, 2021
END OF POSTING December 7, 2021 5:00 PM