OPEN POSITION: The School Board is looking for candidates to fill the role of teacher for the school year 2020-2021 (contract position)
– HOMECARE ASSISTANCE
LOCATION OF WORK: CHISASIBI
COMPETITION NUMBER: CHI-3846
NATURE OF WORK
Sabtuan Adult Education Services is seeking a dynamic, experienced health care professional to teach the upcoming Institutional and Home Care Assistance program in the Cree Nation of Chisasibi.
The ideal candidate possesses excellent communication skills and has a proven ability to transmit information in a clear, professional, and understandable manner.
The instructor will prepare the course, deliver material, and evaluate students through the completion of the program.
They will communicate details about attendance and student progress to Sabtuan Adult Education Services administrators and maintain the safety of their teaching environment.
Individuals who have previously worked as a teacher/trainer in the health care field, or who have a strong interest in helping others learn the skills to become a support worker, are strongly encouraged to apply.
Institutional and Home Care Assistance is an accredited vocational training program that prepares students with the skills and competencies necessary to provide care and assistance in public, private and community health care networks, to persons of all ages who are sick or who have physical, psychological, or psychosocial disabilities. This involves offering basic care, helping clients carry out their everyday activities, helping them organize their living environment, and ensuring clients’ safety and intervening in crisis or emergency situations.
Students also learn to help clients integrate and socialize in individual or community activities. All of these tasks require establishing a relationship of trust with clients and those close to them.
This program will permit students to become a beneficiary attendant at an Elder’s home in their community.
A course outline is available at:
- Registered nurse or with a relevant degree or diploma from an accredited university or college in nursing, or a related discipline or an equivalent combination of education, training and clinical experience.
- Demonstrated patience and ability to teach adult learners.
- Minimum 5 years of in related field.
- Skills in the use of patient care equipment.
- Ability to prepare and develop teaching materials.
- Ability to develop, administer, mark exams to evaluate trainees’ progress.
- Computer literacy for completion of required teaching tasks.
- English proficiency is required.
- French and Cree are an asset
- Previous teaching experience in home care assistance is a definite asset.
- A Quebec teaching permit or brevet is a definite asset.
SALARY & BENEFITS
As per the Teachers Collective Agreement of the Board, in addition to the basic salary calculated from the qualification and experience, we offer also Northern and Retention Allowances, subsidized housing, annual outings and other advantages.
Salary as per the contract: $42,341.00 to $82,585.00
Northern Allowance: $8,484.00 to $13,573.00
Retention Premium: $3,500 to $5,000
Contractual position or hourly-paid, according to collective agreement conditions et according to the start date
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
As soon as possible.
Please send your CV by completing the Application Form found HERE.
Please indicate the competition #: CHI-3846
Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.
March 30, 2021
END OF POSTING
April 14, 2021 5:00 PM
In the above text, includes both the masculine and feminine forms