Schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
Location: Renard mine
Homeports: Chibougamau-Chapais, Val d’Or, Quebec and St-Hubert airports
Posting date: September 3, 2021
Deadline to apply: September 24, 2021
Stornoway is recruiting for an underground Pump attendant for the Renard Mine Underground Department. Reporting to the Service and Construction Supervisor, the Pump attendant is responsible for the following activities:.
- Properly check and maintain pump stations, pumps and sumps;
- Operate the equipment safely;
- Follow up on the pumping of the mine and its installations;
- Ensure the efficient and safe conduct of activities related to tasks;
- Work closely with supervisors, operators and team members;
- Make sure the workplace is secure at all times;
- Actively participate in planning, health and safety and training meetings;
- Complete daily reports properly;
- Comply with laws, regulations and work procedures;
- Perform all other related duties.
- Diploma in ore extraction or relevant experience with underground pumps;
- Hold a valid general explosives permit;
- Modular training of the mining worker completed (FMTM 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 10);
- Ability to read plans;
- Ability to do manual work;
- Autonomy, resourcefulness and ability to work in a team;
- Ability to work outdoors in difficult weather conditions;
- Excellent organizational and task execution skills;
- Ability to work proactively and effectively;
- Versatility and flexibility;
- Exemplary attitude in matters of health and safety;
- Ability to communicate by radio in French and/or English;
- Interest and ability to work in remote areas and in a multicultural environment.
The use of the masculine gender is intended solely to lighten the text and refers to both women and men.
Stornoway Diamonds is committed to the principle of employment equity. Our people are our most valuable asset and our goal is to create an inclusive and equitable environment where everyone can reach their true potential.
Stornoway Diamonds does not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. All personnel decisions, including hiring decisions, will be based on the company’s skills and needs. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from a variety of backgrounds.
Thank you for your interest in Stornoway Diamonds, please note that only online applications will be considered.
Please ensure that your profile is complete and up-to-date.
We will only contact you if your application is selected for an interview.