Schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
Location: Renard mine
Homeports: Chibougamau-Chapais, Val d’Or, Quebec and St-Hubert airports
Stornoway is recruiting an Underground Production supervisorr. Reporting to the Mine Captain, the Production supervisor will be responsible for the following activities:
- Supervising a production crew and occasionally contractors;
- Ensuring that operating instructions are followed in the day-to-day execution of tasks;
- Assigning work for each shift according to priorities;
- Ensures proper operation through regular tours in close collaboration with the engineering and geology departments;
- Adequately complete daily reports, work safety cards, prevention activities and follow up with other departments;
- Ensure compliance with occupational health and safety procedures and rules;
- Carry out all other tasks related to the function.
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years experience in supervision in the mining industry;
- DEP in Ore Extraction or any other relevant training;
- Modular training (FMTM 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7);
- Valid General Explosives Permit;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Leadership and exemplary attitude towards health and safety;
- Good computer skills required (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, SIMS);
- Interest and ability to work in remote locations in a multicultural work environment;
- Excellent ability to plan, organize and execute tasks;
- Ability to motivate teams;
- Autonomy and resourcefulness;
- Excellent written and oral expression in English and French.
The use of the masculine gender is intended solely to lighten the text and refers to both women and men.
Stornoway Diamonds is committed to the principle of employment equity. Our people are our most valuable asset and our goal is to create an inclusive and equitable environment where everyone can reach their true potential.
Stornoway Diamonds does not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. All personnel decisions, including hiring decisions, will be based on the company’s skills and needs. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from a variety of backgrounds.
Thank you for your interest in Stornoway Diamonds, please note that only online applications will be considered.
Please ensure that your profile is complete and up-to-date.
We will only contact you if your application is selected for an interview.