- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Job Location Outside Communities
- Education Level Diploma of Vocational Studies (DEP)
Position: UNDERGROUND PRODUCTION DRILLER
Sub-department: Underground operations
Schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
Location: Renard Mine
Home ports: Chapais-Chibougamau, Val d’Or, St-Hubert and Quebec airports.
Posting date: April 28, 2021
Deadline to apply: May 19, 2021
Under the supervision of the Underground Production Foreman, the Underground Production Driller operates a long hole drilling rig to carry out production activities at the Renard Underground Mine.
- Carry out drilling work by operating heavy machinery, electrical, hydraulic or automated equipment
- Drill holes and tunnels according to instructions, plans and specifications;
- Ensure that the workplace is clean and safe at all times;
- Participate actively in planning, health and safety and training meetings;
- Adequately complete daily reports and other documents related to assigned tasks;
- Comply with laws, regulations and work procedures;
- Collaborate closely with all team members;
- Complete all other related tasks.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience as a production support miner and/or underground blaster and/or surface driller;
- Diploma of Vocational Studies in Drilling and blasting and/or a diploma in Ore extraction;
- Completed Modular Mine Worker Training (FMTM 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7);
- Valid driver’s license;
- Valid General Explosives License;
- Ability to read and understand plans and specifications;
- Experience working with a jumbo equipped with digital instruments is an asset;
- Exemplary attitude in health and safety at all times;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Ability to communicate in English or French with team members.
The use of the masculine gender is intended solely to lighten the text and refers to both women and men.
Stornoway Diamonds is committed to the principle of employment equity. Our people are our most valuable asset and our goal is to create an inclusive and equitable environment where everyone can reach their true potential.
Stornoway Diamonds does not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. All personnel decisions, including hiring decisions, will be based on the company’s skills and needs. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from a variety of backgrounds.
Thank you for your interest in Stornoway Diamonds, please note that only online applications will be considered.
Please ensure that your profile is complete and up-to-date.
We will only contact you if your application is selected for an interview.