- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Job Location Outside Communities
- Education Level Diploma of Vocational Studies (DEP)
Position: Underground development foreman
Schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
Location: Renard mine
Homeports: Chibougamau-Chapais, Val d’Or, Quebec and St-Hubert airports
Stornoway is recruiting a underground development foreman. Reporting to the underground captain, the underground development foreman will be responsible for supervising the development teams and occasionally contractors.
- Ensures that operating instructions are followed in the day-to-day execution of tasks;
- Assigns work for each shift according to priorities;
- Ensure the smooth running of the operation through regular tours with the close collaboration of the engineering and geology departments;
- Complete adequately daily reports, work maps, prevention activities and follow up with other departments;
- Ensure that the procedures and rules regarding health and safety in the workplace are respected.
What we are looking for as competencies
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years experience in supervision in the mining industry;
- Diploma in Ore Extraction or any other relevant training;
- Modular Training completed (FMTM 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7);
- Valid General Explosives Permit;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Leadership and exemplary attitude towards health and safety;
- Good computer skills required (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, SAP, SIMS);
- Interest and ability to work in remote locations in a multicultural work environment;
- Excellent ability to plan, organize and execute tasks;
- Ability to motivate teams;
- Autonomy and resourcefulness;
- Excellent written and oral expression in English and French.
The use of the masculine gender is intended solely to lighten the text and refers to both women and men.
Stornoway Diamonds is committed to the principle of employment equity. Our people are our most valuable asset and our goal is to create an inclusive and equitable environment where everyone can reach their true potential.
Stornoway Diamonds does not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. All personnel decisions, including hiring decisions, will be based on the company’s skills and needs. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from a variety of backgrounds.
Thank you for your interest in Stornoway Diamonds, please note that only online applications will be considered.
Please ensure that your profile is complete and up-to-date.
We will only contact you if your application is selected for an interview.