JobOffer : TOURISM DEVELOPMENT AGENT
INDIGENOUS TOURISM QUEBEC
PLACE OF WORK 510-50 boul. Maurice-Bastien, Wendake (QC)
Option of working from home
SCHEDULE 35 hours/week (occasional work in evenings and on weekends)
StatuS Full-time fixed-term employment
SALARY As per salary range in effect
Pension fund and group insurance
Under the supervision of the Operations Manager and in close collaboration with the Development Advisor, the Tourism Development Agent, carries out activities related to the development of the Indigenous tourism industry and the diversification of Indigenous tourism products and services offered. The current pandemic context has proved challenging for the tourism industry and ITQ must support entrepreneurs with this reality taken into account.
Build the expertise related to the Indigenous sector
- Liaise with and mobilize Indigenous organisations related to the tourism industry
- Update the inventory of the Indigenous tourism offer and draw up an inventory of potential projects and development initiatives
- Oversee initiatives related to strategic knowledge of the sector
Encourage the development of the Indigenous workforce in the industry
- Promote career avenues and opportunities for entrepreneurship, employment, internship and training in tourism
Encourage the diversification and complementarity of the tourism offer
- Provide guidance to communities, managers and entrepreneurs in the development of their business projects and tourism strategy
- Assist entrepreneurs in the implementation of their business plan and projects
- Stay updated and share information about financial support programs
Improve the performance of enterprises in terms of authenticity, quality and sustainability
- Inform entrepreneurs of best business practices in meeting authenticity, quality and sustainability standards
- Reach out to members to determine their support and training needs
- Organize training sessions
- Participate in carrying out ITQ’s 2017-2022 five-year action plan in terms of activities, programs, initiatives, strategies and vision for the development and enhancement of Indigenous tourism products and services in Quebec
- Collaborate with associative partners in the development and enhancement of products and services offered and organize initiatives as per actions plans and memoranda of understanding (e.g., SÉPAQ, KÉROUL, Économusée Network Society)
- Perform, at the request of the Executive Director or the Operations Manager, all job-related tasks deemed important for ITQ
- Draft various documents including progress and annual reports.
- Any other related task
Qualifications and Profile
- Diploma of college studies in Tourism Techniques (specialization in the development and promotion of travel products) or any other combination of experience deemed relevant
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience in management or in supporting enterprises
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in English and French
- Knowledge of Indigenous culture
- Good knowledge of the political and socio-economic context of Indigenous communities (an asset)
- Valid driver’s licence (frequent travels)
- Independent, creative, show leadership, flexible, proactive, customer-focused and driven by continuous improvement
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your cover letter and résumé to Patricia Auclair, ITQ Operations Manager.
DEADLINE: friday, APRIL 30, 2021 by 4 P.M.
By email only:
Please specify email subject line: Application for Tourism Development Agent
*Given equal skills, an Indigenous applicant shall be considered on a priority basis for this position. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
ABOUT INDIGENOUS TOURISM QUEBEC
Indigenous Tourism Quebec (ITQ) is a sectoral tourism association recognized by the provincial ministry of tourism. ITQ represents more than 175 tourism enterprises and band councils from all the Indigenous Nations in the province. ITQ’s mission is to safeguard the interests of Quebec’s Indigenous tourism entrepreneurs, to support their development and increase their visibility in international markets.