The School Board is looking for candidates to fill teaching positions for the school year 2019-2020 (contract position full-time)
TEACHER VOCATIONAL TRAINING
- HOTEL RECEPTION (735H/5783/CHISASIBI)
LOCATION OF WORK
NATURE OF WORK
- The Cree School Board’s Sabtuan Adult Education Services is seeking an engaging, experienced hospitality professional to teach a vocational program in Hotel Reception. The instructor will provide lessons in accordance with Quebec’s DVS program 5783 (see full course requirements here). He/She will teach students relevant skills such as providing reception services, making hotel-related sales, performing night audits, and using hotel management software. The language of instruction for this program is English.
- The ideal candidate is adaptable and dynamic, with the ability to quickly learn and teach hospitality best practices and technology relevant to the Cree territory (Eeyou Istchee). Class times will be determined based on student schedules and internships, so the instructor should be able to maintain a flexible schedule
- This contractual position requires fluency of English, since it is the language of instruction;
- At least 5 years of experience in hospitality and hotel reception is required; – French language skills are an asset;
- Valid qualifications for teaching in Quebec are a definite asset;
- Having work experience in aboriginal environment is an asset.
SALARY & BENEFITS
As per the Teachers Collective Agreement of the Board. In addition to the basic salary calculated from the qualification and experience, we also offer Northern and Retention Allowances, subsidized housing, annual outings and other benefits.
Salary as per the contract:
- Salary* (min – $42,431.00 – max $82,585.00)
- Additional benefits may include:
- Northern Allowance* ($8,484.00 -$13,573.00)
- Retention Premium* ($3,500.00 – $5,000.00)
- *Ranges and additional benefits are subject to qualifications and collective agreement.
Contractual position according to collective agreement conditions.
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
As soon as possible
Please complete the Application Form found HERE and forward it with your CV to:
CREE SCHOOL BOARD ADMINISTRATIVE CENTER
203 Main Street
MISTISSINI, QC G0W 1C0
Fax: (418) 923-2073
Please indicate the competition #: CSB-3582
Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.
DATE OF POSTING: January 21, 2020
END OF POSTING: February 3, 2020 5:00 PM