- Period Of EmploymentContract
- Job Location Nemaska
- Education Level Undergraduate Degree (B.A.)
OPEN POSITION: TEACHER – Math Upgrading ADULT EDUCATION
LOCATION OF WORK: NEMASKA
COMPETITION NUMBER: CSB-3758
- Do you believe in the potential of education?
- Are you motivated by innovative school programming?
- Does community living and proximity to nature inspire you?
If yes, the Adult Education wants to hear from you!
We are currently accepting applications for teacher opening in Math Upgrading for the school year 2020-2021.
The Mathematics, Science and Technology subject area comprises Secondary Cycle One (Common Core Basic Education Program) and Secondary Cycle Two (Diversified Basic Education Program) courses in the Mathematics and Computer Science programs of study, among several others.
Teachers may be required to teach one or more of the above depending on the local need.
The Cree School Board is looking for candidates of adult education who:
- are passionate about teaching;
- are motivated to invest in the classroom and adapt their teaching approach to cultural realities;
- have a Bachelor’s degree and Canadian teaching certification;
- have teaching experience in Adult Education;
- have teaching experience in Indigenous communities (asset);
- are fluent in English, as it is the teaching language.
Our unique opportunity includes working in a collaborative and diverse environment with great teaching resources, small class sizes, and innovative school programming. Our warm, friendly and well-serviced communities allow for a relaxed pace and superb work-life balance.
For more information visit this link:
We offer our teachers generous compensation, which includes salary, northern allowance, retention premium, subsidized (furnished) housing, paid trips home, training, and more.
Salary* (min – $42,431.00 – max $82,585.00)
Additional benefits may include:
Northern Allowance* ($10,015.00 -$17,652.00)
Retention Premium* ($5,500 – $7,000)
*Ranges and additional benefits are subject to
qualifications and collective agreement.
- Contractual position according to collective agreement conditions.
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
- October 2020 or later during the school year
Please send your CV by completing the Application Form found HERE.
Please indicate the competition #: CSB-3758
Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.
December 2, 2020
END OF POSTING
December 15, 2020 5:00 PM.