WE ARE HIRING
TEACHER – Math Upgrading
Please indicate the competition number: CHI-4370
Department: Sabtuan Adult Education Services
Application Deadline: August 24, 2022 (5:00 PM)
Do you believe in the potential of education? Are you motivated by the prospect of helping adults realize their goals? Does community living and proximity to nature inspire you?
If yes, Sabtuan Adult Education Services wants to hear from you! We are currently accepting applications for a math upgrading teacher in Chisasibi for the school year 2022-2023.
In this job, you will:
- Prepare and deliver courses using the Ministry of Quebec’s Adult General Education Program;
- Develop, administer, and mark exams;
- Evaluate students;
- Communicate details about attendance and student progress to administration;
- Maintain the safety of the teaching environment.
The Cree School Board is looking for candidates who:
- are passionate about teaching;
- are motivated to invest in the classroom and adapt their teaching approach to cultural realities.
- A Bachelor’s degree and Canadian teaching certification;
- Teaching experience in Adult Education;
- Teaching experience in Indigenous communities (asset);
- Fluency in English, as it is the main working language.
SALARY & BENEFITS
We offer our teachers generous compensation, which includes salary, northern allowance, retention premium,
subsidized (furnished) housing, paid trips home, training, and more.
Salary as per the contract: $42,341 to $82,585
Northern Allowance: $8, 484 to $13, 573
Retention Premium: $3,500 to $5,000
*Ranges and benefits are subject to qualifications and collective agreement.
Contractual position according to collective agreement conditions.
The Mathematics, Science and Technology subject area comprises Secondary Cycle One (Common Core Basic Education Program) and Secondary Cycle Two (Diversified Basic Education Program) courses in the Mathematics and Computer Science programs of study, among several others.
To learn more about Sabtuan Adult Education Services, please visit https://eeyoueducation.ca/org/join/adult-ed.
You may also send any questions about the position to email@example.com.
In the above text, the masculine form also includes the feminine form.
To apply, please complete the Application Form here.
All documents must be submitted in PDF format