WE ARE HIRING
TEACHER – English Upgrading
Please indicate the competition number: WHAP-4371
Department: Sabtuan Adult Education Services
Application Deadline: August 24, 2022 (5:00 PM)
Do you believe in the potential of education? Are you motivated by the prospect of helping adults realize their goals? Does community living and proximity to nature inspire you?
If yes, Sabtuan Adult Education Services wants to hear from you! We are currently accepting applications for an English upgrading teacher in Whapmagoostui for the school year 2022-2023.
In this job, you will:
- Prepare and deliver courses using the Ministry of Quebec’s Adult General Education Program;
- Develop, administer, and mark exams;
- Evaluate students;
- Communicate details about attendance and student progress to administration;
- Maintain the safety of the teaching environment.
The Cree School Board is looking for candidates who:
- are passionate about teaching;
- are motivated to invest in the classroom and adapt their teaching approach to cultural realities.
- A Bachelor’s degree and Canadian teaching certification;
- Teaching experience in Adult Education;
- Teaching experience in Indigenous communities (asset);
- Fluency in English, as it is the main working language.
SALARY & BENEFITS
We offer our teachers generous compensation, which includes salary, northern allowance, retention premium,
subsidized (furnished) housing, paid trips home, training, and more.
Salary as per the contract: $42,341 to $82,585
Northern Allowance: $10, 015 $ à $17, 652
Retention Premium: $5,500 to $7,000
*Ranges and benefits are subject to qualifications and collective agreement.
Contractual position according to collective agreement conditions.