Career Opportunity: Systems Administrator
Department: Government Support Services
Location: To Be Determined/Cree Community
Salary Grade 6: (Min. $57,754.00 – Max. $77,102.00)
The Systems Administrator is responsible to ensure the day-to-day network administration problems and incidents. She/he will be developing, mentoring and monitoring queues and initiatives of the technicians. Moreover, the Systems Administrator is responsible of the performance, integrity and security of all Cree Nation Government’s server systems and network infrastructures. The incumbent also collaborates to maintain and monitor the use of the network infrastructure and components.
- Proactively manage systems performance and stability.
- Manage disaster recovery and business continuity schemes for Cree Nation Government’s critical services.
- Responsible of the systems incidents, problems and MAC.
- Install and manage windows servers.
- Establish, manage and monitor various types of backup of servers and datacenters.
- Provide technical guidance to other IT employees.
- Coordinate access and use of computer network as well as remote access for employees and third parties.
- Participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure and end users support.
- Provide recommendations concerning system design, infrastructure and software.
- Produce and maintain documentation, policies and procedures.
- Maintain up do date knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems.
- MCSE, MCSA, CCNP certifications is an asset.
- Four years or relevant work experience as a Systems Administrator on a WAN virtual environment.
- Five years of experience as a tech lead.
- Experience in Office 365, SharePoint and Telecommunication equipment.
- Fluency in English.
- Fluency in French.
- Fluency in Cree is an asset.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Good knowledge with most recent Office 365, MS Windows server, Exchange server, SQL Server Reporting Services, Queries, SPs, SSIS, Replication (transactional and merge).
- Knowledge of Veeam backup and replication.
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies VMWare experience.
- Knowledge of HP 3PAR or other SAN systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot.
- Customer-focused and service-oriented.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively.
- Proven ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to coordinate multiple projects.
- Strong judgment and proven ability to problem-solve.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and to adapt to a changing environment.
- Typical office setting where there are no unusual physical demands.
- Willingness to work irregular hours.
- Willingness to travel occasionally.
The Cree Nation Government may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the aforementioned requirements if a suitable candidate who is a JBNQA beneficiary accepts to follow a training plan determined by the Cree Nation Government as a condition of employment.
From February 2, 2021 to February 17, 2021
Your application must be sent by email with the competition number: GOV-210204-1