Career Opportunity: Systems Administrator (Justice)
Department: Government Support Services
Location: To Be Determined/Cree Community
Salary Grade 6: (Min. $57,754.00 – Max. $77,102.00)
The Systems Administrator is responsible to ensure the performance, integrity and security of the Justice and Corrections department servers’ systems and network infrastructures. The incumbent also collaborates to maintain and monitor the use of the network infrastructure and components.
- Fully support, implement, configure, and upgrade the organization’s network infrastructure.
- Participate in the day to day for all types of incidents, problems resolutions with the team.
- Participate in all technological projects associated with the Justice department.
- Produce and maintain documentation, policies and procedures for the use of IT equipment.
- Participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure and end users support.
- Provide recommendations concerning system design, infrastructure and software.
- Install and configure network equipment (Cisco ASA switch and router)
- Manage disaster recovery and business continuity schemes for critical the Cree Nation Justice department.
- Install and manage windows servers, Exchange, as well as test and install new O/S and application patches on existing installations.
- Monitor networks to ensure availability to all system users and perform necessary maintenance.
- Provide technical guidance to other IT employees.
- Coordinate access and use of computer network as well as remote access for employees and third parties.
- Consult shareholders to ensure best solution at the right cost.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems is an asset.
- MCSE, MCSA, MCDBA, Cisco CCNA/CCNP certifications are an asset.
• Four years of relevant work experience as a Network /System Administrator.
• Five years of experience in a supervisory role.
- Fluency in English.
- Fluency in Cree is an asset.
- Fluency in French is an asset
Knowledge and Abilities
- Good knowledge with most recent, MS Windows server, Exchange server, Cisco and Office 365 and Apple products.
- Knowledge of Veeam backup and replication and Hyperflex.
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies VMWare experience.
- Ability to troubleshoot.
- Customer-focused and service-oriented.
- Ability to explain technical concepts, problems and recommendations to non-technical persons of different levels.
- Proven ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to coordinate multiple projects.
- Strong judgment and proven ability to problem-solve, attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and to adapt to a changing environment.
- Willingness to work irregular hours.
- Willingness to travel occasionally.
- Must agree to undergo a criminal record check.
The Cree Nation Government may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the aforementioned requirements if a suitable candidate who is a JBNQA beneficiary accepts to follow a training plan determined by the Cree Nation Government as a condition of employment.
From February 18, 2021 to March 5, 2021
Your application must be sent by email with the competition number: GOV-210204-2