Department: Commerce and Industry
Salary Grade 6: (Min. $58,333.00 – Max. $77,875.00)
The Sustainable Social Economy and Engagement Advisor is responsible for managing, coordinating, and promoting the Social Economy programs projects and materials that DCI develops, implements and carries out in the territory of Eeyou Istchee, more particularly in and with the Cree communities. The incumbent will also be responsible for Social Engagement for the department, including but not limited to elders, youth, women, impoverished, and special needs groups. The overall objective being to identify, develop and implement social development opportunities through social economy opportunities and research within Eeyou Istchee.
- Establish and maintain relations with clients and partners to ensure DCI’s Social Economy and Social Engagement programs and projects are adapted to the needs and realities of the youth, elders, women, impoverished, and special needs groups.
- Recommend, implement, and evaluate social economy and social research programs and develop policies for the department related to these regional and community-based services.
- Define, coordinate, and implement objectives, and strategic plans on a regular basis to ensure that the goals and objectives of Social Economy and Social Engagement for DCI are optimized.
- Coordinate with other members of the department in order to ensure successful development, implementation and operation of Social Economy and Social Engagement programs, projects and objectives.
- Participate and coordinate with identified working groups and activities related to development and implementation of sustainable Social Economy and Social Engagement programs for regional and community-based delivery.
- Research private and public sector economic development funding for Social Economy opportunities and promote available opportunities within the communities.
- Assist local organizations, businesses, and individuals with establishing economic and community development plans, businesses, and projects in the field of sustainable Social Economy.
- Represent the DCI in various functions and working groups in the Social Economy and Social Engagement field as identified.
- On behalf of the Commerce and Industry department, manage and coordinate all strategic partnerships related to regional and community-based sustainable Social Economy and Social Engagement programs and services.
- Facilitate in defining and developing the vision, goals, objectives, and priorities of developing sustainable Social Economy and Social Engagement on regional and community-based levels.
- Develop and update policies, procedures, and plans in relation to managing both current and future Social Economy and Social Engagement projects.
- Plan, coordinate, and communicate with development partners.
- Help in organizing, planning, and conducting meetings related to sustainable Social Economy and Social Engagement in Eeyou Istchee.
- Provide support to the DCI in the achievement of its objectives.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Administration, Economics, Sciences, or related field.
- Three to five years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in Project Management, Economic Development or Resources Sector.
- Fluency in verbal Cree.
- Fluency in English.
- Fluency in French is an asset.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Good knowledge and understanding of Cree culture, customs, and history.
- Customer-focused and service-oriented.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively.
- Proven ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to coordinate multiple projects.
- Strong judgment and proven ability to problem-solve.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and to adapt to a changing environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Typical office setting where there are no unusual physical demands.
- Willingness to travel frequently.
The Cree Nation Government may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the aforementioned requirements if a suitable candidate who is a JBNQA beneficiary accepts to follow a training plan determined by the Cree Nation Government as a condition of employment.
From August 11, 2021 to August 26, 2021
Your application must be sent by email with the competition number: DCI-210802-1