Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
The trainer is part of the training team but works very closely with the surface team. He/she is responsible for all training programs related to Surface operations. He/she ensures the development and maintenance of the skills of all employees assigned to the concentrator and Surface operations.
- In collaboration with supervisors, process management, surface management and all stakeholders, he/she identifies training needs in order to establish a program according to needs, in the short, medium and long term
- Ensures integration of the Cree employees, by favouring an integrating approach based on development of essential competencies
- Prepares, plans, coordinates and delivers all training for operations, maintenance and all Surface Operations departments
- Maintains the register on tracking of the employees’ development and writes weekly and monthly reports.
- Ensures collection and recording in the common records of the training tracking, official documents examinations, training guides and all documents related to the training he/she delivers.
- Complies with, knows and promotes the corporate regulations and policies, particularly in matters related to health, safety and environment.
- All other tasks related to the performance of his/her duties
- Ease and knowledge with the MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, in particular)
- Diploma of College Studies (DEC/DCS) or Diploma of Vocational Studies (DEP/DVS) in ore processing or combination of relevant education and experience
- Minimum of 8 years’ relevant experience
- Previous experience in training an advantage
- Good knowledge of gold operations and processes
- Basic knowledge of ore processing, crushing, grinding and cyanidation processes
- Knowledge of the operation of mobile equipment used by the department (50T, loader,…)
- Oral bilingualism in French and English essential
- Organizational skills, self-starter and ability to make decisions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ease in public speaking
- Teamwork in a multicultural environment
- Schedule : 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
- Newmont Eleonore Mine Site
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com no later than September 30th, 2022.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
This position is based at Newmont’s Eleonore mine site, which is a fly-in/fly-out operation. Pursuant to the Government of Canada’s vaccine requirement for travel, COVID-19 vaccination is required for all travelers departing from Canadian airports, which includes flights to/from Newmont’s Eleonore mine site, subject only to some very limited exemptions. Accordingly, if you receive an offer of employment for this position, you will be required to provide a declaration confirming that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or confirming that you have an exemption from the Government of Canada’s vaccine requirement for travel, prior to your anticipated start date. Further, if you receive an offer of employment for this position, you may also be required to provide proof of vaccination or exemption status prior to your anticipated start date, or at a later date upon Newmont’s request.