Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
The Surface Operations Supervisor is part of the Surface Operations team and is responsible for the following activities:
- Maintenance and operation of the surface infrastructures, such as road maintenance, water treatment systems, moving of material on the site, management of the tank farm and management of household and industrial waste.
- The activities involving mobile equipment supplied in the tailings storage facility sector, management of ore/waste rock piles and supply of the crushing circuit.
- He/she supervises a team of stationary and mobile equipment operators and ensures coordination of activities in collaboration with the mill’s Operations Group
- plan, direct and control the activities related to the following sectors;
o Maintenance of roads (repair and maintenance) and pedestrian traffic areas
o Airport (maintenance service and passenger transport)
o Concrete plan
o Handling of waste rock and ore in the storage areas, transport and spreading of tailings in the storage cells
o Excavation and other civil engineering work
o Moving material on the site
o Tank farm management
o Waste management
o Drinking and industrial water treatment system
- Keep information registers and write reports based on key performance indicators
- Participate actively in the development of safe and efficient work methods and be involved in solving problems that may occur during performance
- Plan, prepare and conduct follow-ups on health and safety activities, such as safety meetings, joint inspections, risk assessments and incident/accident reports.
- Supervise the personnel, evaluate performance and see to employee development
- Ensure follow-up of workers training regarding their tasks, safety standards and company policies
- participate in budget preparation and ensure control of maintenance cost
- Comply with, know and promote the regulations and company policies, especially in health and safety
- Perform all other tasks related to the performance of his/her duties
- Have a DSC/DEC in civil Engineering and/ or a combination of relevant education and experience
- Valid driver’s licence
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
- Good computer skills: MS Office Suite, SAP an asset
- Bilingualism (mandatory)
- Skills in leading, developing and engaging employees
- Focus on continuous improvement and strategic planning
- Open to charge
- Interest in analyzing and solving problems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in French and English
WORK LOCATION AND HOURS
- Eleonore Mining Site
- • 14 days of work followed by 14 days of rest
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com/careers no later than September 20th, 2020.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.