Position: SURFACE GRADER OPERATOR
Sub-department: Surface Operations
Location: Renard Mine
Homeports : Chibougamau-Chapais, Val d’Or and St-Hubert Airports
Posting date: January 12, 2021
Deadline to apply: February 2, 2021
Stornoway is recruiting a Grader Operator surface. Under the responsibility of the surface Foreman, the Grader Operator will be responsible for the following activities.
- Properly check and maintain the equipment in the open-pit mine department;
- Operate equipment safely;
- Ensure the efficient and safe conduct of activities related to tasks;
- Work closely with supervision, technical services, operators and team members;
- Secure your workplace;
- Actively participate in planning, health and safety and training meetings;
- Properly complete daily and other reports;
- Comply with laws, regulations and work procedures;
- Perform all other related tasks.
- DEP Driving heavy equipment with relevant experience, particularly on a grader;
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license;
- Valid general explosives permit;
- Exemplary attitude towards health and safety at work;
- Ability to read plans;
- Autonomous and resourceful;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Excellent organizational and task execution skills;
- Ability to work proactively and effectively;
- Versatile and flexible in terms of the tasks to be performed;
- Ability to communicate by radio in French and/or English.
The use of the masculine gender is intended solely to lighten the text and refers to both women and men.
Stornoway Diamonds is committed to the principle of employment equity. Our people are our most valuable asset and our goal is to create an inclusive and equitable environment where everyone can reach their true potential.
Stornoway Diamonds does not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. All personnel decisions, including hiring decisions, will be based on the company’s skills and needs. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from a variety of backgrounds.
Thank you for your interest in Stornoway Diamonds, please note that only online applications will be considered.
Please ensure that your profile is complete and up-to-date.
We will only contact you if your application is selected for an interview.