- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Job Location Outside Communities
- Education Level Diploma of Vocational Studies (DEP)
|Position: surface foreman
Schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
Location: Renard mine
Homeports: Chibougamau-Chapais, Val d’Or and St-Hubert airports
Posting date: January 15, 2021
Deadline to apply: Fabruary 5, 2021
Stornoway is recruiting a surface foreman. Reporting to the Superintendent of Mining Operations, the Surface Foreman will be responsible for supervising the surface crews.
Your role :
- Ensure compliance with operating instructions in the daily execution of tasks;
- Assign work to each shift according to priorities;
- Manage the sterile/mineries;
- Ensure the supply of minerals to the plant;
- Supervision of general surface maintenance work at the mine site;
- Supervision of civil works site supervision in the event that
- Planning and coordination of the working day of its staff;
- Management of the fleet of vehicles under his responsibility;
- Risk analysis of the various tasks to be accomplished;
- Implementation of safe work methods for all groups of workers under its responsibility;
- Ensure compliance with procedures and rules regarding health and safety at work.
- All other related tasks.
What we are looking for as competencies:
- Professional diploma in heavy equipment operation, or other related fields;
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in mining or construction;
- Relevant experience in supervising personnel;
- Strong, results-oriented leadership;
- Versatility and flexibility;
- Autonomy and resourcefulness;
- Interest and ability to work in a multicultural work environment;
- Exemplary attitude towards occupational health and safety;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Valid explosives licence
- Ability to work in a team;
- Ability to work effectively and proactively to meet tight deadlines;
- Excellent ability to plan, organize and execute;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and French.
The use of the masculine gender is intended solely to lighten the text and refers to both women and men.
Stornoway Diamonds is committed to the principle of employment equity. Our people are our most valuable asset and our goal is to create an inclusive and equitable environment where everyone can reach their true potential.
Stornoway Diamonds does not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. All personnel decisions, including hiring decisions, will be based on the company’s skills and needs. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from a variety of backgrounds.
Thank you for your interest in Stornoway Diamonds, please note that only online applications will be considered.
Please ensure that your profile is complete and up-to-date.
We will only contact you if your application is selected for an interview.