Schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
Location: Renard mine
Homeports: Chibougamau-Chapais, Val d’Or, St-Hubert and Quebec airports
Posting date: November 22, 2021
Deadline to apply: December 13, 2021
Stornoway is recruiting for a Development Miner. Reporting to the underground operations foreman, the Development Miner performs various tasks such as loading explosives and installing services, in order to develop the ramp and various underground levels.
- Vocational diploma in Ore extraction, pertinent experience can be considered as equivalence;
- Modular Training completed (FMTM 1,2,3,4,5,7 and 10);
- Valid driver’s license.
- Valid general explosive permit;
- Minimum 1 year of experience as a Development Miner;
- Experience with field support installation and services such as ventilation, piping, etc.;
- Experience with the loading of emulsion type explosives with pump and pod;
- Good communication skills in English and/or in French;
- Exemplary attitude in Health and Safety;
- Ability to work in a team and in a multicultural environment.
The use of the masculine gender is intended solely to lighten the text and refers to both women and men.
Stornoway Diamonds is committed to the principle of employment equity. Our people are our most valuable asset and our goal is to create an inclusive and equitable environment where everyone can reach their true potential.
Stornoway Diamonds does not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. All personnel decisions, including hiring and promotion, will be based on merit, skills, performance and business needs. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from a variety of backgrounds.
Please apply online directly from your Success Factors account.
Please ensure your profile is complete and up-to-date.
We will contact you at the end of the posting to schedule a meeting.