Supervisor, Geology Ref.: 8322
Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The
Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favourable mining
jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold
producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social
and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust
safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and
has been publicly traded since 1925.
The Supervisor, Geology is part of the Technical Services Team – Geology. He/she is responsible for planning,
organizing and managing the daily, weekly and monthly activities for the purpose of defining and operating
the mine’s mineral reserves. The Supervisor, Geology adheres to the company’s principles by adopting
management practices oriented toward sustainable development and operational excellence and by
upholding the organization’s code of conduct.
- Supervise the assay of the extracted ore and send it to the grinding mill.
- Supervise control of the gold content extracted and delivered to the mill.
- Participate in drafting the short, medium-and long-term production objectives.
- Design and implement the drilling programs in view of increasing the mineral resources and the reserves.
- Ensure that the drilling programs support the mining plan and that the geological information
required is delivered in the required time to the Engineering Team, in order to reduce the geological
risks associated with mining.
- Determine his/her department’s objectives and prepare the budgets accordingly.
- Provide geological expertise to the mine’s different sectors.
- Respect, know and promote company regulations and policies, particularly with regard to health and safety.
- Solve problems related to his/her sector and recommend measures to improve his/her department’s productivity.
- Produce and present control, follow-up and progress reports.
- Manage the personnel, evaluate performance and see to employee development.
- Ensure good management of operating costs and compliance with deadlines.
- Perform all other tasks related to the performance of his/her duties
- University degree in Applied Geology or Geological Engineering
- Minimum 5 to 10 years’ experience in geology in the underground mining sector
- Member of the Ordre des Géologues du Québec
- Hold a valid general explosives permit and driver’s license
- Have completed the mine worker modular training (FMTM).
- Solid computer skills, including Vulcan, AutoCad, Deswik and MS Office Suite
- Bilingualism (mandatory)
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Partnership and teamwork in a multicultural environment
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Ability to manage and develop employees
- Organizational skills
Interested persons must send us their résumés via the corporate website at
www.newmont.com no later than December 13, 2020.
We thank all the applicants for their interest. However, we will only communicate with the persons selected
for an interview.
As an employer subscribing to the principle of equal access to employment, Newmont is committed to
favour diversity, inclusion and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Arrangements
may be made on request for candidates participating in all aspects of the selection process.