Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
The Electrical, Instrumentation & control Supervisor is part of the Maintenance and Reliability team in the Surface Operations sector. He/she is responsible for the implementation and safe maintenance of equipment and instrumentation and control components used to support production. He/she adheres to the principles of the company by adopting a management approach based on sustainable development, Newmont values, an operation for excellence and the organization’s code of conduct.
Key responsabilities include:
- Improve the processes, technologies and methodologies of its work team
- Establish standards and participate in the design of instrumentation and control
- Develop and implement a system of production performance indicators for surface operations.
- Participate in the development and implementation of technologies and telecommunications
- Participate in the selection, purchase and installation of control systems and instruments for surface operations.
- Respect, know and promote the regulations and policies of the company, particularly in health and safety
- Manage personnel, evaluate performance and ensure employee development
- All tasks related to the performance of his duties
Your training, experience & skills check list:
Training & Experience
- College diploma in instrumentation and control
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience
- Experience in the mining and/or construction industry
- Knowledge of Allen Bradley systems
- C license
- Strong computer skills
- Bilingual, French and English
Skills & competencies
- Organizational skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Team management in a multicultural environment
- Leading and developing employees
- Ability to adapt
- Partnerships and teamwork in a multicultural environment
Your working conditions:
- Eleonore mine site (Fly-in, fly-out)
• Schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days of rest
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com no later than September 7, 2023.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Consistent with Newmont’s values of safety and responsibility, we believe that COVID-19 vaccination is a critical tool to fight this pandemic and protect the health and safety of Newmont’s workforce and the communities in which we work and live. Accordingly, if you receive an offer of employment for this position, you will be required to provide a declaration confirming that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your anticipated start date, and you may also be required to provide proof of vaccination prior to your anticipated start date, or at a later date upon Newmont’s request. Newmont will consider individual requests for exemption/reasonable accommodation by applicants who cannot be fully vaccinated due to medical reasons or other grounds protected by applicable human rights law..