OPEN POSITION: Superintendent of Material Resources – Projects
PLACE OF WORK: Administration Center – Mistissini Material Resources
COMPETITION NUMBER: MIS-3712
NATURE OF WORK
The position of Superintendent of Projects entails responsibility for the management of the technical, administrative and manual activities required for the operation of one or more projects of the Cree school Board.
- Ensure file management (follow up, classification, updating, archiving) of all the projects;
- Preparation of administrative documents; The position includes, in particular, the performance of management duties related to the activities required for buildings, request for quotation, contract follow-up, and use of premises, space and equipment.
- Provide, within the incumbent’s field of competence, advice and expertise to the administrators of the school board to promote the optimal management of material resources and
- Participate, upon request, in the consultative process for developing the objectives and strategies
of the school board dealing with material resources, particularly in the incumbent’s sector of activity
and, where applicable, collaborate with other staff members in determining the annual action plan.
- Participate in developing and updating policies, systems, standards and procedures related to his or her sector of activity and ensure their application.
- Participate in developing and management of database system.
- Prepare technical documents such as for construction and minor renovation projects and managing and updating plans.
- Collaborate with other staff members in preparing calls for tenders.
- Collaborate with other staff members in drafting, negotiating and following up service contracts
related to buildings. (elevator, fire. HVAC…)
- Supervise, upon request, the execution of work and monitor the budget relating to construction.
- Ensure compliance with the regulations applicable to his or her milieu.
- Participate in developing policies dealing with the conversion and use of premises, space and equipment.
- Collaborate with other staff members, upon request, in creating material resources management tools adapted to the needs of the institutions and other administrative units.
- Support, when necessary, the administrators of the institutions and administrative units of the school board providing them with pertinent information.
- Participate in preparing the staffing plan.
- Participate in selecting staff.
- Supervise and evaluate the staff under his responsibility.
- Assess the training needs of the staff under his responsibility.
- Ensure, in his sector of activity, the review and rationalization of administrative practices.
- Represent, upon request, the school board or the administrative unit in matters related to his sector of activity.
- Assume any other responsibility compatible with his or her function that may be assigned to him or her by the immediate superior.
- Secondary V diploma or a valid certificate of qualification for the practice of a trade relevant to
the position and 8 years of relevant experience.
College (Cégep) degree in a related technical field (engineering, architecture, building mechanics,
etc.) and 5 years of relevant experience;
- The relevant experience must demonstrate:
• knowledge in the field of construction;
• Knowledge of project management and construction documentation;
• knowledge of the norms of le “code du batiment” and other relevant legislation;
• Ability to read architectural and or engineering plans;
• Excellent writing skills.
- Training in project management will be considered as a major asset;
- Experience in document management will be considered as a major asset;
- Bilingual French and Cree.
- English proficiency will be considered as a major asset.
- The knowledge of Cree Culture and northern conditions will be considered as an asset.
- Regular full time position;
- Salary: $ 73,515.00 – $98,017.00
- Northern Allowance: $ 8, 484.00-$ 13, 573.00
*Benefits and working conditions according to the By-Law regarding the Conditions of Employment of Management and according internal procedures.
NOTE: The Board reserves the right to consider any combination of exceptional work experience
and schooling that may compensate in the absence of one or more of the employment requirements
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
- As soon as possible
DATE OF POSTING
September 28, 2020
October 9, 2020 3:00 PM
Please complete the Application Form found HERE and forward it with your CV to:
CREE SCHOOL BOARD
203, Main Street
Mistissini, Quebec G0W 1C0
Fax: (418) 923-2073
Please indicate competition #: MIS-3712
Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format