PLACE OF WORK
Administration Center – Mistissini Material Resources
COMPETITION NUMBER MIS-3570
NATURE OF WORK
This position is responsible for the management of the technical, administrative and manual activities required for the operation of one or more programs of the School Board.
- Responsible for the performance of management duties pertaining to the activities required for buildings, specifications, budget estimates, calls for tenders, contract follow-up, protection of movables and immovable, energy management and use of premises, space and equipment.
- Provides, within their field of competence, advice and expertise to the administrators of the School Board so as to promote the optimal management of material resources.
- Participates, upon request, in the consultative process for developing the objectives and strategies of the School Board dealing with material resources, particularly in their sector of activity and, where applicable, collaborate with other staff members in determining the annual action plan.
- Participates in developing and updating policies, systems, standards and procedures related to their sector of activity and ensure their application.
- Collaborates with other staff members in preparing calls for tenders.
- Collaborates with other staff members in drafting, negotiating and following up service contracts.
- Assumes the responsibilities assigned to him or her as regards the protection of movables and immovables (insurance).
- In charge of the Moving and storage of the CSB.
- Participate and monitor with CEA on the school transportation in the communities.
- Support request for services from CEA’s.
- Ensure to keep update the warehouse inventory.
- In charge of the vehicles purchases.
- Ensures compliance with the regulations applicable to his or her milieu.
- Participates in defining rules and procedures concerning purchases, supplies and inventory control for all lease premises.
- Participates in developing policies dealing with the conversion and use of premises, space and equipment.
- Collaborates with other staff members, upon request, in creating material resources management tools adapted to the needs of the institutions and other administrative units.
- Assists, if necessary, the administrators of the institutions and administrative units of the school board.
- Supports, as required, the administrators of the School Board by providing them with pertinent information.
- Participates in preparing the staffing plan.
- Participates in selecting staff. Supervises and evaluates the staff under his responsibility.
- Assesses the training needs of the staff under his responsibility.
- Participates in preparing the budget for his sector of activity and monitor it, upon request.
- Ensures the availability, functioning and proper use of equipment, materials and premises.
- Participates in developing and updating information resources.
- Ensures, in his sector of activity, the review and rationalization of administrative practices.
- Represents, upon request, the School Board or the administrative unit in matters related to their sector of activity.
- Assumes any other responsibility compatible with their function that may be assigned to them by the immediate superior.
- Secondary V diploma or a valid certificate of qualification for the practice of a trade relevant to the position 8 years of relevant experience.
- Bilingual French and English.
- Knowledge of Cree is required.
- Willingness to travel.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Regular full time position; 35 hours/week.
- Salary: $ 73,515.00 – $98,017.00
- Northern Allowance: $ 8, 484.00-$ 13, 573.00
- *Benefits and working conditions according to the By-Law regarding the Conditions of Employment of Management and according internal procedures.
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
As soon as possible
Please complete the Application Form found HERE and forward it with your CV to:
CREE SCHOOL BOARD
203, Main Street Mistissini,
Quebec G0W 1C0
Fax: (418) 923-2073
Please indicate competition #: MIS-3570
Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.
DATE OF POSTING
December 11, 2019
January 9, 2020 4:30 PM