- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Job Location Mistissini
- Education Level College
OPEN POSITION: Superintendent of Material Resources – Emergency and Security Management
PLACE OF WORK Administration Center – Mistissini Material Resources
COMPETITION NUMBER: MIS-3711
NATURE OF WORK
The position of Superintendents of Emergency and Security Management entails responsibility for the
management of the CSB Emergency Management Plan (EMP) and its security system required for the
safety the school and facilities of the school board and their students and employees.
- Ensure an efficient Communication regarding EMP, with employees, students, parents and community members;
- Ensure the support and continual training of security system;
- Ensure the compliance of all the systems and equipment related to the EMP;
- Ensure the support to the local maintenance the training of the use and maintenance of all the systems and equipment related to the EMP;
- Ensure the support, the updating and continual training for the EMP and local Emergency management teams;
- Ensure the updating of evacuation plans throughout all the schools and facilities;
- Ensure that all the emergency exercises are done;
- Participate in the Head Office Emergency manual;
- Ensure the good operation of the all Emergency system at the Head Office;
- The position includes, in particular, the performance of management duties related to the activities required for buildings, request for quotation, contract follow-up, and use of premises, space and equipment.
- Provide, within the incumbent’s field of competence, advice and expertise to the administrators of the school board to promote the optimal management of material resources and construction/renovations.
- Participate, upon request, in the consultative process for developing the objectives and strategies of the school board dealing with material resources, particularly in the incumbent’s sector of activity and, where applicable, collaborate with other staff members in determining the annual action plan.
- Participate in developing and updating policies, systems, standards and procedures related to his or her sector of activity and ensure their application.
- Participate in developing and management of database system.
- Participate in technical documents such as for construction and minor renovation projects and managing and updating plans.
- Collaborate with other staff members in preparing calls for tenders or price request.
- Support the Community Education Administrators in drafting, negotiating and following up service contracts related to buildings. (elevator, fire.
- Monitor the maintenance of the security system and his components throughout the School Board;
- Supervise and monitor the budget relating to the Emergency Management Plan and the security systems.
- Ensure compliance with the regulations applicable to his or her milieu.
- Participate in developing policies dealing with the conversion and use of premises, space and equipment.
- Collaborate with other staff members, upon request, in creating material resources management tools adapted to the needs of the institutions and other administrative units.
- Support, when necessary, the administrators of the institutions and administrative units of the school board providing them with pertinent information.
- Participate in preparing the staffing plan.
- Participate in selecting staff.
- Supervise and evaluate the staff under his responsibility.
- Assess the training needs of the staff under his responsibility.
- Ensure, in his sector of activity, the review and rationalization of administrative practices.
- Represent, upon request, the school board or the administrative unit in matters related to his or her sector of activity.
- Assume any other responsibility compatible with his function that may be assigned to him by the immediate superior.
- Secondary V diploma or a valid certificate of qualification for the practice of a trade relevant to
the position and 8 years of relevant experience.
College (Cégep) degree in a related technical field and 5 years of relevant experience;
- Knowledge in emergency management;
- Knowledge door access, fire, intrusion, surveillance or other emergency related systems;
- Excellent writing skills and able to communicate in English;
- Experience has a first responder will be considered as an asset;
- First aid course is an asset;
- English proficiency is a requirement;
- Cree language is required;
- French language will be considered an asset;
- The knowledge of Cree Culture and northern conditions will be considered as an important asset;
- Regular full time position;
- Salary: $ 73,515.00 – $98,017.00
- Northern Allowance: $ 8, 484.00-$ 13, 573.00
*Benefits and working conditions according to the By-Law regarding the Conditions of Employment of Management and according internal procedures.
NOTE: The Board reserves the right to consider any combination of exceptional work experience
and schooling that may compensate in the absence of one or more of the employment requirements
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
- As soon as possible
DATE OF POSTING
September 28, 2020
October 9, 2020 3:00 PM
Please complete the Application Form found HERE and forward it with your CV to:
CREE SCHOOL BOARD
203, Main Street
Mistissini, Quebec G0W 1C0
Fax: (418) 923-2073
Please indicate competition #: MIS-3711
Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.