LOCATION OF WORK
WASWANIPI – école secondaire
NATURE OF WORK
- The position of student life animator encompasses, in particular, responsibility for the organization, animation, help and guidance provided to students in the development, delivery and evaluation of programs of activities related to an institution’s educational project and success plan focusing on the integral development of the student and the creation of a welcoming and dynamic environment.
- Moreover, all activities and programming conducted will be related to the Cree language and culture.
- Evaluates the community’s needs in terms of activities by consulting students, school staff and the partners concerned and identifies available resources in the network; determines the needs in human and material resources; plans, organizes and delivers or coordinates various socio-cultural, sport and educational activities.
- Facilitates the holding of large-group events and helps with the organization of theme activities, and encourages students not only to become involved in the organization of the activities but to take part in the activities as well.
- Participates in the recruitment of staff and volunteers associated with the delivery and smooth operation of the activities, coordinates and supervises their work, takes part in the planning and budgetary follow-up of the activities he or she organizes, evaluates the activities and prepares a report.
- Ensures that materials are available and in good condition and keeps an up-to-date inventory Participates in the negotiation of agreements for the use of space and services.
- Collaborates with school staff and participates with teachers in the organization and delivery of activities associated with the Cree courses offered to students: sports competitions, exchange trips, theatre and other activities.
- May be called upon to develop and maintain relations with partner groups or organizations so as to ensure the complementarities of pedagogical and extracurricular activities and, on occasion, represent the institution during certain activities.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
A bachelor’s degree in an appropriate specialty that consists mainly of courses in the following areas:
- physical education;
- group facilitation.
- Hold a Cree literacy certificate or equivalent is an asset;
- Practical knowledge of Cree Culture, History and traditions is required;
- Fluency in English is required;
- Ability to speak Cree is required.
- Full-time temporary position (contract ends by end of March 2020).
- 35 hours/week.
- Salary: $24.46/h – $40.98/h
- Northern Allowance: $8,484.00 – $13,573.00
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
As soon as possible
Please complete the Application Form found HERE and forward it with your CV to:
CREE SCHOOL BOARD
203 Main Street
MISTISSINI QC G0W 1C0
Please indicate posting #: WASW-3574
POSTING DATE December 19, 2019
END OF POSTING January 17, 2020 3:00 PM