OPEN POSITION: STOREKEEPER, CLASS I
LOCATION OF WORK: MISTISSINI – ADULT EDUCATION HEAD OFFICE
COMPETITION NUMBER: MIS-3853
NATURE OF WORK
The principal and customary work of an employee in this class of employment consists in being responsible for a store or warehouse and in performing various tasks related to its operation.
If necessary, the employee must, in addition, perform the characteristic functions of the class of employment of class II storekeeper.
- The employee in this class of employment coordinates the decentralized or centralized operations of a store under his or her authority.
- Is responsible for receiving, storing and delivering tools, goods, materials and other supplies; loans audiovisual material, tools and instruments and ensures their return.
- The employee sees that the goods received conform to the purchase orders; fills out receipts and other documents and makes a note of damaged and lost goods.
- Records details of the goods received in a record book or on appropriate cards, sees that the goods are stored properly and affixes identification tags, if necessary.
- Delivers supplies from the store and prepares the necessary purchase orders for the replacement of articles.
- May sell certain articles and prepares the deposits. Periodically, takes a complete inventory and sees that his or her stock conforms to the record books and prepares reports.
- Makes certain purchases according to established procedures and specified instructions.
- The employee carries out minor repairs and maintenance when required and sees that major repairs are made.
- Ensures that the store is kept tidy.
- Using an appropriate program, the employee may be required to enter into a computer data related to the duties he or she performs.
- The employee may be required to train new storekeepers and to coordinate the work of support staff.
- If need be, he or she performs any other related duty.
Hold a Diploma of Vocational Studies in an appropriate specialty for the class of employment, a Secondary School Diploma or a diploma or an attestation of studies recognized as equivalent by the competent authority, and have two (2) years of pertinent experience.
Fluency in English is required;
Ability to work in French is an asset;
Ability to speak Cree is an asset;
Permanent, full-time position
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
To be determined.
$20.55/hr to $22.35/hr (as per eligible past experience)
Northern Allowance: $8,484.00 to $13,573.00
Please send your CV by completing the Application Form found HERE
Please indicate the competition #: MIS-3853
Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.
In you have any questions, contact
April 13, 2021
END OF POSTING
April 26, 2021 5:00 PM
In the above text, the masculine form also includes the feminine form