WE ARE HIRING A STARTING BUSINESS TEACHER
Please indicate the competition number # CHI-4321
Department: Sabtuan Adult Education Services
Application Deadline: August 12, 2022 (3:00 PM)
Sabtuan Adult Education Services is seeking dynamic, experienced professionals to teach the upcoming Starting a Business course in the Cree Nation of Chisasibi.’
In this job, you will:
- Prepare and deliver the course using Quebec curriculum/modules.
- Develop, administer, and mark exams.
- Evaluate students through the completion of the program.
- Communicate details about attendance and student progress to administration.
- Maintain the safety of the teaching environment.
The ideal candidate is:
- Patient, knowledgeable, and passionate about helping others build their skills.
- Experienced in teaching, training, and/or presenting information.
- Interested in working in a beautiful, serene Northern Indigenous community and support Cree capacity building.
- The ability to teach in English is required for the contracted positions offered in the Vocational Training sector.
- Valid qualifications for teaching in Quebec are a definite asset
- 5 years of relevant experience is needed.
Salary as per the contract: $42,341 to $82,585
Northern Allowance: $8,484 to $13, 573
Retention Premium: $3,500 to $ 5, 000
*Ranges and benefits are subject to qualifications and collective agreement.
Contract position, according to the Collective Agreement.
Start date in September 2022
The Starting a Business program (program code 5861) is a 330-hour vocational program. The teacher will be responsible for teaching and evaluating all required competencies. Program information is available at inforouteftp.org.
In the above text, the masculine form also includes the feminine form.
To apply, please complete the Application Form here. All documents must be submitted in PDF format.