Job Family Information Technology
primary location – Montreal
Position Language Requirement Bilingual (English / French)
Language Skill Level (Reading) C
Language Skill Level (Writing) B
Language Skill Level (Speaking) C
Status of Employment Permanent
Work schedule(s) Full-time
Work at CBC/Radio-Canada
At CBC/Radio-Canada, we create content that informs, entertains and connects Canadians on multiple platforms. Our successes and accomplishments are driven by embodying and upholding values, which include creativity, integrity, inclusiveness and relevance.
Do you think you have the ability and drive to keep up with this exciting, ever-changing industry? Whether it be in front of the camera, on air, online or behind the scenes, you would be joining a team that thrives on making connections and telling stories that are important to Canadians.
Our Espaces autochtones Indigenous news site is currently seeking two Specialized Reporters, based in Montreal.
In this role, you will work on multiple platforms as needed – digital, radio and television – to cover events and issues with clarity, depth and accuracy on a specific beat assigned by management.
You will produce content primarily for the Espaces autochtones specialty site and, additionally, for our TV newscasts or current affairs programs; you may also be asked to deliver live hits on ICI RDI.
You must be comfortable with the demands of news production and will be required to produce impact journalism through in-depth articles, interviews, reports and analyses on a wide range of Indigenous-related events and issues, in accordance with corporate standards and policies.
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Five (5) or more years’ journalism experience.
- In-depth knowledge of Indigenous affairs, as well as the political, economic, social and cultural issues affecting Indigenous communities.
- Extensive general knowledge.
- Ability to write digital copy; conduct interviews; produce original, high-impact stories; and develop contacts with Indigenous leaders, communities and institutions as well as relevant non-Indigenous institutions.
- Solid understanding of the various media platforms (digital radio and TV).
- Social media knowledge.
- Proficiency with live reporting (TV, radio, Facebook Live, etc.).
- Superior French-language skills (language of work).
- Advanced oral proficiency, intermediate writing proficiency and advanced reading proficiency in English.
- Willingness to work weekends and evenings as required.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of CBC/Radio-Canada’s Journalistic Standards and Practices (see our website).
Please include with your application:
- A written example of a publication.
- One or two examples of radio and TV reports (ideally, and if possible, on indigenous issues).
Selected candidates will be tested as follows:
If this sounds interesting, please click on ”Apply online”. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Diversity and Inclusion
section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are invited to consult and familiarize yourself with our Code of Conduct, which can be found on our corporate website. All employees must adhere to the Code as a condition of employment. We also invite you to take a look at our policy on conflicts of interest. In the event that you become an employee, it will be important to inform us, as quickly as possible, of any situation that, because of your hiring, constitutes or could appear to constitute a conflict of interest.
Wherever in the wording of the job description either gender is used, it shall be understood to include all genders.
Job Posting Date
Jul 31, 2020, 1:41:03 PM
Aug 14, 2020, 11:59:00 PM