- Period Of EmploymentContract
- Job Location Mistissini
- Education Level Graduate Degree (M.A.)
Department: Child and Family Services
Salary Grade 4: (Min. $45,431.00 – Max. $60,650.00)
The Special Programs Officer is responsible for the administration of the Early Learning and Childcare Centre (ELCC) funding within the department. The incumbent acts as a liaison for early childhood programs/partners to ensure program delivery on behalf of the Cree Nation Government. The Special Programs Officer will also assist applicants on completing their project proposals for review by the Director and Coordinators as well as monitor, follow-up and report on all approved projects.
- Assist the department with general inquiries regarding the funds’ objectives, criteria and other related information.
- Develop and implement policies related to the funds for the department.
- Advise staff, communities, and partners on administrative policies and procedures related to the funds.
- Carry out the initial review of the project funding applications and communicate with applicants concerning their application status, its completeness and questions regarding the process.
- Prepare the completed project funding applications for review by the Administrative Committee.
- Provide an overview regarding respect of deadlines and policy requirements for report submission and action plans.
- Ensure applicants are assessing project results, lessons learned from project implementation and provide a measure of overall effectiveness.Administrative Responsibilities
- Conduct regular follow-ups to ensure that all approved projects are completed in accordance with budget, schedule and description.
- Maintain, organize and audit documents necessary to support the funds with the Finance Coordinator.
- Assist the department with the preparation of official statements regarding the funds and reports on the successful projects being funded.
- Prepare reports, charts, and graphs related to the administration of the funds, including the annual report.
- Ensure the communication of information regarding the funds to early childhood partners and provide them with a communication plan.
Career Opportunity: Special Programs Officer
- Communicate project funding approval or refusal decision to applicants.
- Provide recipients of approved projects with calendars and notifications of deadlines for project funding applications.
- Update the supervisor immediately of any changes to the plan or failure to respect deadlines by funding recipients.
- Meet with recipient, after completion of a project, to discuss post-program follow-ups and reporting.
- Prepare quarterly reports on the projects funded under the ELCC for department and for other meetings.
- Assist in researching and finding evaluation and assessment tools to measure the effectiveness of programs.
- Assist recipients in managing their respective project budgets.
- Compile assessment of projects implemented and provide reports to Director so as to identify successful projects.
- Work with recipients to ensure reporting is done correctly to allow for transparency and accountability of funds for annual audit.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility.
- Perform other duties as required.
Education and Certification
- College Diploma in Business Administration or a related field.
- Three to five years of relevant work experience including Project Management.
- Verbal Fluency in Cree.
- Fluency in English.
- Fluency in French is an asset.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Proven ability to communicate effectively including good presentation and report writing skills.
- Customer focused and service oriented.
- Ability to work with budgets.
- Proven ability to be discrete and maintain confidentiality.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to coordination multiple projects.
- Strong judgment and proven ability to problem solve.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative.
- Typical office setting where there are no unusual physical demands.
- Willingness to travel occasionally
- Must agree to undergo a background check.
The Cree Nation Government may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the aforementioned requirements if a suitable candidate who is a JBNQA beneficiary accepts to follow a training plan determined by the Cree Nation Government as a condition of employment.
From July 16, 2020 to July 31, 2020
Your application must be sent by email with the competition number: CFS-200703-1