Sourcing and Procurement Specialist Réf. : 27079
Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
The Sourcing and Procurement Specialist is responsible for the end-to-end development of the mine site sourcing plan across all categories of spend for the mine site and implementation of the sourcing and procurement strategy and processes to effectively support mine site spend.
- Directly manages Sourcing and Procurement staff and indirectly manage offshore sourcing and procurement staff through third party Business Process Outsourced service to support all sourcing and procurement activities.
- Responsible for the end-to-end development of the mine site sourcing plan across all categories of spend for the mine site
- Identify and develop suppliers in the market to support operational needs for both goods and service contracts, including categories such as earthworks, camp and catering services, road maintenance, equipment maintenance, contract mining, etc.
- Negotiate commercial and contractual conditions, and coordinate with strategic contractors to acquire services according to operational requirements, seeking the best possible total cost of ownership, terms, and quality conditions
- Documents the business case and benefits obtained for internal approval before award of new contracts.
- Develop and work with Indigenous and First Nation contractors/suppliers as well as local contractors/suppliers to further business opportunities.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with end-users, including organizing and presenting training courses for end users and contractors/suppliers to communicate Newmont contract policies and procedures, and developing strong Scopes of Work.
- Works with Regional and Site leadership and end users to report total cost of ownership savings associated with new contracts to be reported through the Full Potential External Spend/Total Cost of Ownership Program.
- All other related task
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Accounting or related field or equivalent experience.
- Five to eight (5-8) + years of sourcing and procurement/buying experience or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Sourcing plan development and implementation
- Knowledge of SAP or equivalent enterprise level software packages is necessary. Ariba knowledge a bonus.
- English and French fluency—written and verbal
- Teamwork in a multicultural environment
- Analysis and problem solving
- Organizational agility
- Supervise and develop employee
- Good communication skills (oral and writing)
- Schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
- Eleonore mine site
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com no later than January 16, 2023.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. This position is based at the Newmont Eleonore mine site, which is an operation with a ” fly-in/fly-out” shuttle service. In accordance with the requirements of the Government of Canada regarding vaccinations for travellers, vaccination against COVID-19 is required for all travellers departing from Canadian airports, which includes flights to and from the Newmont Eleonore mine site, subject to a few very limited exemptions. Consequently, if you receive a job offer for this position, you will have to provide a declaration confirming that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or confirming that you benefit from an exemption from the vaccination obligation of the Government of Canada for travel, before the scheduled starting date. Moreover, if you receive a job offer for this position, it is possible that you will only be asked to provide proof of vaccination or exemption before your scheduled starting date, or on a later date at Newmont’s request.