- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Job Location Chisasibi
- Education Level Undergraduate Degree (B.A.)
Job Posting Number: N-1920-0389E
1. About this job posting
2. About this position
Person who does design, guidance, counselling, implementation, analysis and assessment work in one or more social programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or Social Services;
- Member in good standing of the Ordre professionnel des travailleurs sociaux et des thérapeutes conjugaux et familiaux du Québec (OTSTCFQ).
- Two (2) years of relevant experience in social work.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Good understanding of psychosocial issues;
- Knowledge of Cree culture, social/health issues and Eenou/Eeyou Pimaatsiiun healing practices and paradigms is an asset;
- Ability to identify and analyze clientele needs;
- Ability to communicate theoretical and practical knowledge, as applied to coaching and training;
- Excellent critical thinking, synthesis, organizational and decision making skills;
- Sense of accountability, resourcefulness and autonomy;
- Teamwork skills.
- Fluent in English;
- Fluency in Cree and French is an asset.
- Possibility of on-call period.
5. Salary information
Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay,
P.O. Box 250, Chisasibi, QC
Tel: 819-855-2744 Fax: 819-855-2680 Email: email@example.com
More information about the position & job description with complete requirements may be obtained by contacting the above.
Note 1: In accordance with the organization’s Cree Employment Policy (in Progress) and various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA
All applicants must be Canadian citizens or have a Canadian work permit. Professionals must be licensed to practice in Québec. The Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay aims to hire qualified Cree beneficiaries of the JBNQA, whenever possible. English is the working language of the CBHSSJB.
To apply, send your CV and a cover letter mentioning the Posting number to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 1-819-855-2680. For information call 1-877-562-2733.