DEPARTMENT: Social Services (656160)
WORK LOCATION: Waswanipi
HOURLY SALARY: Min. (1) $25.25- Max. (18) $45.22
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION:
Person who does design, guidance, counselling, implementation, analysis and assessment work in one or more social programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or Social Services.
- Member in good standing of the Ordre professionnel des travailleurs sociaux et des thérapeutes conjugaux et familiaux du Québec (OTSTCFQ) ;
- Two years of experience in social work is an asset;
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience in community work with agencies and services relevant to youth development;
- Demonstrated case management experience within youth, school, and/or social services programs;
- Ability to apply Eeyou/Eenou culture, values, traditions and teachings into programs and services where possible;
- Ability to develop and maintain respectful, cooperative working relationships with students, families and colleagues;
- Understanding of First Nations culture and issues that affect children, families and communities;
- Understanding of First Nation social service models and approaches;
- Knowledge of Eenou/Eeyou Pimaatsiiun healing practices and paradigms is an asset;
- Good understanding of child and youth psychosocial issues;
- Knowledge of community resources;
- Knowledge of the roles of CMC programs, Youth Protection, treatment centers;
- Excellent interpersonal and listening communication skills;
- Ability to work as a member of a multidisciplinary team;
- Fluent in English;
- Fluency in Cree or French is an asset.
Posting start/end date: 05/05/2020 – 05/26/2020
Shift type: Day
Positions available: 1
Hours per day/week: 7/35
Lodging provided: Yes
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
Tel: 514-861-5955 Fax: 514-989-7495
Posting # : P-1920-0671C
Position Number: 1800
With your application, please make sure to specify the PR and the Job title on which you wish to apply.
We thank all candidates who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note 1: In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.