Department: Wiichihiituwin (204090)
Work Location: Montreal
Status: 2 – Temporary Full-Time
Hourly Salary: Min. (1) $25.25 – Max (18) $45.22
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Person who does design, guidance, counseling, implementation, analysis and assessment work in one or more social programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work;
- Member in good standing of the Ordre professionnel des travailleurs sociaux et des thérapeutes conjugaux et familiaux du Québec (OTSTCFQ).
- Two (2) years of relevant experience in social work.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Cree culture, social/health issues and Eenou/Eeyou Pimaatsiiun healing practices and paradigms is an asset;
- Good understanding of psychosocial issues;
- Ability to identify and analyze clientele needs;
- Ability to communicate theoretical and practical knowledge, as applied to coaching and training;
- Excellent critical thinking, synthesis, organizational and decision making skills;
- Sense of accountability, resourcefulness and vigilance;
- Open minded to other’s language, culture, values and beliefs;
- Teamwork skills.
- Fluent in English and in French;
- Fluency in Cree is an asset.
Possibility of being on-call;
All JBNQA Cree beneficiary hired to work for the Wiichihiituwin direction at the Montreal point of service are entitled to the following benefits:
- Isolation premium based on their affiliate community
- Retention premium (if applicable)
- Reimbursement of the moving and storage fees
- Two (2) return flights per year for the employee and their dependants to go back to their affiliate community via CBHSSJB’s charters.
Positing Start/End Date: 2020-11-11/2020-11-25
Positions Available: 3
Housing Provided: No
Shift Type: Day/Weekend Rotation
Hours Pre Day/Week: 7/35
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
Tel 514-861-5955 Fax 514-989-7495
With your application, please make sure to specify the Posting # and the Job title on which you wish to apply
WE THANK ALL CANDIDATES WHO APPLY, HOWEVER ONLY THOSE SELECTED
FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.