- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Job Location Wemindji
- Education Level Undergraduate Degree (B.A.)
DEPARTMENT: Social Services (656126)
WORK LOCATION: Wemindji
HOURLY SALARY: Min. (1) $25.25 – Max. (18) $45.22
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION:
Person who does design, guidance, counseling, implementation, analysis and assessment work in one or more social programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work;
- Member in good standing of the Ordre professionnel des travailleurs sociaux et des thérapeutes conjugaux et familiaux du Québec (OTSTCFQ).
- Two (2) years of relevant experience in social work.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience in community work with agencies and services relevant to youth development;
- Demonstrated case management experience within youth, school, and/or social services programs;
- Ability to apply Eeyou/Eenou culture, values, traditions and teachings into programs and services where possible;
- Ability to develop and maintain respectful, cooperative working relationships with students, families and colleagues;
- Proven ability to interact with clients in an empathetic manner;
- Understanding of First Nations culture and issues that affect children, families and communities;
- Understanding of First Nation social service models and approaches;
- Knowledge of Eenou/Eeyou Pimaatsiiun healing practices and paradigms is an asset;
- Good understanding of child and youth psychosocial issues;
- Knowledge of community resources;
- Knowledge of the roles of CMC programs, Youth Protection, treatment centers;
- Excellent interpersonal and listening communication skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Ability to work as a member of a multidisciplinary team;
- Possess leadership skills in working with individuals and groups;
- Good planning, organization, problem-solving, decision-making and liaison skills;
- Must be autonomous and flexible.
- Fluent in English;
- Fluency in Cree is an asset.
Posting start/end date: 2020-07-17/2020-08-17
Shift type: Day
Positions available: 1
Hours per day/week: 7/35
Housing available: Yes
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
Tel: 514-861-5955 Fax: 514-989-7495
With your application, please make sure to specify the PR and the Job title on which you wish to apply.
We thank all candidates who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note 1: In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.