Posting #: P-1920-0217E
Position #: 1677
SOCIAL WORKER (1550)
DEPARTMENT: Awash & Uschiniichisuu (656137)
WORK LOCATION: Eastmain
STATUS: 1-Permanent Full-Time
HOURLY SALARY: Min. (1) $25.25 – Max. (18) $45.22
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Person who does design, guidance, counseling, implementation, analysis and assessment work in one or more social programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or Social Services;
- Member in good standing of the Ordre professionnel des travailleurs sociaux et des thérapeutes conjugaux et familiaux du Québec (OTSTCFQ).
- Two years of experience in social work.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Good understanding of psychosocial issues;
- Knowledge of Cree culture, social/health issues and Eenou/Eeyou Pimaatsiiun healing practices and paradigms is an asset;
- Ability to identify and analyze clientele needs;
- Ability to communicate theoretical and practical knowledge, as applied to coaching and training;
- Excellent critical thinking, synthesis, organizational and decision making skills;
- Sense of accountability, resourcefulness and autonomy;
- Teamwork skills.
- Fluent in English;
- Fluency in Cree is an asset.
POSTING START/END DATE: 2021-02-12/2021-03-12
POSITIONS AVAILABLE: 1
HOUSING PROVIDED: Yes
SHIFT TYPE: Day
HOURS PER DAY/WEEK: 7/35
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
Tel 514-861-5955 Fax 514-989-7495
With your application, please make sure to specify the Posting # and the Job title on which you wish to apply.
WE THANK ALL CANDIDATES WHO APPLY, HOWEVER ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.