Social and Cultural Development – Programs Development Officer
The Programs Development Officer will lead program development through internal and external activities to support Cree Language programming needs in Eeyou Istchee. The incumbent will liaise and support local language coordinators in the development of Cree language programming.
- Work with a team of cross-functional members focusing on specific tasks on Cree Language.
- Monitor functional developments and partner activities focused on language.
- Identify key programming needs and provide the necessary planning to resolve such needs.
- Participate in program reviews with partners to assess program progress, program risk and ensure that commitments are being achieved.
- Ensure program milestones are achieved within time frames and remain within budget.
- Establish a project schedule and an implementation plan
- Establish a good working relationship with local language coordinators in Eeyou Istchee.
- Maintain a collaborative working relationship with communities, band councils and entities regarding efforts towards Cree Language programming.
- Participate and take lead on long-term planning strategies assisting communities.
- Organize regular program reviews with local communities/departments relevant to Cree Language programming.
- Provide quarterly progress updates to the supervisor.
- Prepare and present regular program updates for senior management.
- Develop tools of tracking for deliverables and progress of activities.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility.
- Perform other duties as required
- College Diploma or equivalency in Program Development/Management
- Knowledge of Basic Cree Literacy and/or equivalent.
- Three to Five years of relevant experience.
- Experience in matters relating to local or regional Cree Language work.
- Experience in project management in a northern context.
- Bilingual in Cree and English.
- French is considered an asset.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Strong passion for the retention and promotion of the Cree language.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and to adapt to a changing environment.
- Proven ability to work independently, as well as in a team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Willingness to travel occasionally.
- Perform other duties as required.
The Cree Nation Government may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the aforementioned requirements if a suitable candidate who is a JBNQA beneficiary accepts to follow a training plan determined by the Cree Nation Government as a condition of employment.
Pay Type: Salary
Min. Hiring Rate: $58,181.0
Max. Hiring Rate: $77,672.00
Job Start Date: 2023/06/12
To apply, click HERE and sign-in or create an account.