Location of Work: To Be Determined
Closing Date: September 13, 2023
Status: Contract until March 31, 2024
The Multimedia Communications Techician is responsible for maintaing, designing and distributing the multimedia content for the Department of Social and Cultural Development and the Cree Nation Youth Council. The incumbent is also responsible for organizing, adapting and optimizing multimedia assets for usage on different platforms.
- Create content on social media and website to promote programs, projects and services of the Cree Nation Youth Council and Social and Cultural Department.
- Plan and design related communication tools such as annual reports, newsletters, and posters.
- Responsible for the dissemination of any public information and the communications of programs, projects and Services including events and promotional campaigns.
- Assist with regular maintenance and updating of the Cree Nation Youth Council website
- Collaborate with the Communications department on regular press release.
- Assist with the planning of events hosted by the Cree Nation Youth Council and Department.
- Work in collaboration with the Cree Nation Governments Department of Communications.
- Assist the Department and the Cree Nation Youth Council in releasing information to attract the public in accordance with the established guidelines.
- Advertise services, programs, and announcements, internally and externally, through publicity materials, demonstrations, presentations and/or social media
- Enhance web-based services to provide a more prominent online presence e.g., website updating, and social media implementation
- Liaise with partners to ensure that the information disseminated to the public is up-to-date and factual.
- Expand the catalog of promotional assets, such as photos, pamphlets, posters, and success stories.
- Provide regular updates on the Cree Nation Youth Council and department’s social media platforms.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility.
- Perform other duties as required.
- College Diploma in Graphic Design, Communication, Multimedia or related field.
- Three to five years of relevant work experience.
- Fluency in Cree and English.
- Fluency in French an asset.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Proficiency working knowledge of multimedia and social media platforms
- Proficient photo and video editing skills with excellent working knowledge of applicable software.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proven organizational and creative thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and to adapt to a changing environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Typical office setting where there are no unusual physical demands.
- Willingness to travel frequently.
The Cree Nation Government may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the aforementioned requirements if a suitable candidate who is a JBNQA beneficiary accepts to follow a training plan determined by the Cree Nation Government as a condition of employment.