Social and Cultural Development – Cree Language Resource Officer
Under the direction of the Coordinator of Cree Language, the Cree Language Resource Officer will provide administrative and technical support to advance the development of the Language Commissioner’s office. The incumbent will assist and work with the coordinator supporting communities compiling existing resources produced in the Cree language while establishing good working relationships with all local governments, and entities.
- Perform research into matters relevant to the development of Cree Language networking.
- Work with communities to compile a catalogue of existing Cree Language materials produced by local governments, entities and organizations.
- Coordinate and gather new ideas on user-friendly materials that may be reproduced into the Cree Language for the benefit of Cree families.
- Coordinate and oversee the network of Cree Language translators in Eeyou Istchee.
- Assist the coordination of public meetings and/or consultations.
- Oversee the printing and distribution of any materials required to promote the Cree Language.
- Establish a media presence to inform the general public on the developments of the Commissioner’s office, and to any information required to publicize.
- Establish a collaborative working relationship with local communities, band councils and entities in regard to efforts towards Cree Language.
- Oversee and coordinate the translation of documents into Cree syllabics, when needed.
- Provide regular updates to local communities, governments and entities/organizations.
- Provide quarterly progress reports to the Commissioner.
- Assist and collaborate with the Coordinator of Cree Language to produce annual reports.
- Organize regular updates to be made for local governments, businesses and entities on the developments and progress of the Commissioner’s office.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility.
- Perform other duties as required
- College Diploma in Administration
- Knowledge of Basic Cree Literacy and/or equivalent.
- One to three to years of relevant experience.
- Experience in matters relating to local or regional Cree Language work.
- Experience in project management in a northern context.
- Fluent in Cree and English
- Ability to read and write basic Cree syllabics is a definite asset, with willingness to receive training for Cree Literacy when available.
- French is considered an asset.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Proven ability to communicate effectively.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and to adapt to a changing environment.
- Proven ability to work independently, as well as in a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Willingness to travel.
- Typical office setting where there are no unusual physical demands.
The Cree Nation Government may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the aforementioned requirements if a suitable candidate who is a JBNQA beneficiary accepts to follow a training plan determined by the Cree Nation Government as a condition of employment.
Pay Type: Salary
Min. Hiring Rate: $58,181.00
Max. Hiring Rate: $77,672.00
To apply, click HERE and sign-in or create an account.