- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Period Of EmploymentPermanent
- Education Level Undergraduate Degree (B.A.)
Social and Cultural Development – Communications Officer
The Communications Officer is responsible for managing and developing the procurement, supply and distribution of information for the department. More specifically, the incumbent is responsible for ensuring that the dissemination of all required information to public users and within the administration is reviewed and up to date.
- Develop and execute communication plans for the department such as writing advertisements, internal newsletters, PowerPoint presentations and website copy.
- Plan and design related communication tools such as annual reports, newsletters, and posters.
- Writing and editing reports, publications and website contents.
- Ensure that the Commissioner’s website is maintained and updated regularly.
- Provide regular updates on the department’s social media.
- Oversee the development of new information systems.
- Advertise services, internally and externally, through publicity material, demonstrations, presentations and/or social media.
- Ensure that all communication content is properly screened, and when required, approved by the Coordinator of Cree Language.
- Enhance Cree Language web-based services to provide a more prominent online presence e.g., website upgrading, social media implementation and the creation of an electronic newsletter.
- Expand the catalog of promotional assets, such as photos, pamphlets, posters, and language stories.
- Collaborate with the staff to organize events such as conferences, and capacity building opportunities on a community and regional level.
- Assist in releasing information to attract public attention for all aspects of the department.
- Assist with the editing and reviewing of internal documents including policies and procedures, staff training materials and presentations given within the CLC.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility.
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Graphic Design, Journalism or related field.
- Three to five years of relevant work experience.
- Fluency in verbal Cree.
- Fluency in English.
- Fluency in French is an asset.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Proficiency with multimedia software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Adobe Acrobat.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to proofread effectively.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proven ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to coordinate multiple projects.
- Strong judgment and proven ability to problem-solve.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and to adapt to a changing environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Willingness to travel.
- Typical office setting where there are no unusual physical demands.
The Cree Nation Government may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the aforementioned requirements if a suitable candidate who is a JBNQA beneficiary accepts to follow a training plan determined by the Cree Nation Government as a condition of employment.
Pay Type: Salary
Min. Hiring Rate: $58,181.00
Max. Hiring Rate: $77,672.00
To apply, click HERE and sign-in or create an account.