Under the supervision of the Coordinator of Cree Language the Administrative Assistant carries out various secretarial, clerical, and general office administration duties for the Commissioner of the Cree Language, the Coordinator, and staff.
- Setting appointments, coordinating equipment and catering needs, preparing meeting notices, and recording the minutes of meetings.
- Handling and assisting with document distribution and other administrative projects and responsibilities.
- Manage and maintain up-to-date information of the commissioner’s calendar.
- Returning phone calls and emails on behalf of the commissioner’s office
- Researching travel options, presenting itineraries to the coordinator, and booking itineraries with travel agency contacts
- Arranging reservations for travel schedules for the commissioner and staff
- Assist in preparing, editing, and formatting material.
- Process invoices and claims or other budgetdocuments.
- Enter data into spreadsheets and/or databases for reporting purposes.
- Create and build a repertoire of contacts/contact information for the department.
- Keep an inventory, maintain and assist with the trial and evaluation of office equipment and supplies.
- Maintain an efficient and effective database and filing system.
- Collect and gather information of reports, blurbs, summaries from staff to be presented in reports.
- Assist and actively participate in planning of meetings, gatherings, etc.
- Assist in the planning of the annual report.
- Support staff in their duties when needed.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility.
- Perform other duties as required
- High School Diploma with additional training program of at least one year in Secretarial studies or related field.
- One to three years of relevant work experience.
- Fluency in verbal Cree.
- Fluency in English.
- Fluency in French is an asset.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Customer-focused and service-oriented.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively.
- Proven ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proven organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Typical office setting where there are no unusual physical demands.
The Cree Nation Government may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the aforementioned requirements if a suitable candidate who is a JBNQA beneficiary accepts to follow a training plan determined by the Cree Nation Government as a condition of employment.
Pay Type: Hourly
Min. Hiring Rate: $27.08
Max. Hiring Rate: $36.15
Job End Date: Friday, March 31, 2028
To apply, click HERE and sign-in or create an account.