Posting #: ADD-2122-0460C
SOCIAL AIDE (2588)
|DEPARTMENT:||Youth Protection (640160)|
|STATUS:||2 – Temporary Full-Time|
|HOURLY SALARY:||Min. (1) $24.21 – Max. (12) $32.32|
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Person who, without having a diploma as a Community Worker or a Social Assistance Technician and within the limits of her/his skills and training, does work that is similar in nature and related to that of a Community Worker or a Social Assistance Technician.
- Must have a completed secondary 5 diploma from a recognized school by the competent ministry.
In the absence of applicants with the above-mentioned requirements, applicants with the below detailed requirements can be considered.
- No specific diploma and;
Selected applicants must also successfully complete a skills assessment that will evaluate their:
- Reading and comprehension proficiency;
- Computer competencies.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Good knowledge of child care and group care;
- Basic understanding of the services offered by the youth healing services and youth protection;
- Varied natural helper and social service clinical skills;
- Monitoring skills, sensitivity in coping with behaviour problems;
- Capacity to establish interpersonal relations;
- First hand knowledge of Cree culture and language, and social/health issues in Eeyou Istchee;
- Knowledge of Eenou/Eeyou Pimaatsiiun healing and helping practices and paradigms;
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills;
- Excellent listening and communication skills,
- Sense of accountability, resourcefulness and vigilance;
- Analytical and good judgment;
- Excellent critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Fluent in Cree and English;
- Fluency in French is an asset.
- Valid driver’s permit class 4B meeting the standards of the Société d’assurance automobile du Québec and the Ministère des Transports du Québec;
- Excellent driving record: Driving Record Request (SAAQ clic online Services – Citizens);
- Must be occasionally available to work outside the regular working hours (availability);
- Must be occasionally available to travel.
|POSTING START/END DATE:||2023-04-18/2023-05-16|
|HOURS PER DAY/WEEK:||7 / 35|
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please go to our website https://creehealth.org/home ->Careers -> Job Opportunities
Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
Tel 514-861-5955 Fax 514-989-7495
Need assistance or have questions. Email us email@example.com
|WE THANK ALL CANDIDATES WHO APPLY, HOWEVER ONLY THOSE SELECTED
FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.