Posting # ADD-2223-0562
SOCIAL AIDE (2588)
TEMPORARY – FULL-TIME
|DEPARTMENT:||Public Health Uschiniichisuu (676577)|
|STATUS:||2 Temporary – Full-Time|
|HOURLY SALARY:||Min. (1) $24.21 – Max. (12) $32.32|
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Person who, without having a diploma as a Social Assistance Technician and within the limits of her/his skills and training, does work that is similar in nature and related to that of a Social Assistance Technician. This person will be responsible for the implementation of the Chii Kayeh Iyaakwaamiih “You too, be careful” program promoting healthy relationships, sexual health, consent, inclusivity and prevention of STBBIs. Program will be delivered to Secondary students (ages 12-18).
Education and Experience:
- General College diploma
- No specific experience.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Acquired pertinent experience 1 year
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ensures active ongoing communication with the regional public health team and youth population.
- Ability to work with young people.
- Ability to create safe spaces for young people including the youth who may identify as 2SLGBTQIA+
- Ability to write short reports;
- Capacity to establish interpersonal relations;
- Capacity to work in a multi-disciplinary team;
- Excellent listening communication skills;
- Must possess organizational skills and keen sense of observation;
- Sense of accountability, resourcefulness and vigilance;
- Fluent in Cree and English;
- Fluency in French is an asset.
- The selection process will include the mathematical calculation test. The passing mark for test is 50%.
|POSTING START/END DATE:||2023-01-11/2023-02-10|
|HOURS PER DAY/WEEK:||7 / 35|
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
Tel 514-861-5955 Fax 514-989-7495
With your application, please make sure to specify the Posting # and the Job title on which you wish to apply.
|WE THANK ALL CANDIDATES WHO APPLY, HOWEVER ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.|
In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.