Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
The Site Preparation Miner is part of the Mining Operations team. He/she helps prepare the site for production at different underground levels where gold-bearing ore is extracted.
- Prepare the sites for production drilling
- Set up the anchoring cables for secondary support
- Ensure the pad remote set-up for the sites to be cleared
- Set up the life lines and barricade
- Participate in the deployment of water, air and ventilation utilities
- Prepare the sites for backfilling (ventilation wall, bumper, etc.)
- Respect, know and promote company regulations and policies, particularly with regard to health, safety and the environment
- Perform all other tasks related to the performance of your duties
- DEP (diploma of vocational education) in ore extraction
- Have the mine worker modular training card
- Hold a general explosives permit
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Bilingual (an advantage)
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in a remote location and in a multicultural environment
WORK SCHEDULE AND LOCATION:
- Schedule: 14 days of work follow by 14 days of rest
- Eleonore mine site (Fly-in, Fly-out)
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com no later than September 27, 2023.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Consistent with Newmont’s values of safety and responsibility, we believe that COVID-19 vaccination is a critical tool to fight this pandemic and protect the health and safety of Newmont’s workforce and the communities in which we work and live. Accordingly, if you receive an offer of employment for this position, you will be required to provide a declaration confirming that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your anticipated start date, and you may also be required to provide proof of vaccination prior to your anticipated start date, or at a later date upon Newmont’s request. Newmont will consider individual requests for exemption/reasonable accommodation by applicants who cannot be fully vaccinated due to medical reasons or other grounds protected by applicable human rights law..