- Period Of EmploymentContract
- Job Location Outside Communities
- Education Level Undergraduate Degree (B.A.)
Réf. : ELE00002651
Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
The Site Business Manager provides strategic and operational leadership in the commercial and business services of the Newmont North America Operations. The incumbent is responsible for identifying opportunities for increasing project returns and reducing risks. This includes coordinating developing and maintaining departmental expenditure, modeling sound business decisions and reviewing financial systems in consultation with stakeholders to ensure continual improvement. The Site Business Manager is part of the Eleonore General Manager’s senior leadership team, reporting directly to them and as a senior finance role, functional accountability to the Regional CFO for North America Operations.
- Manage the annual business planning processes, including delivery of business plans, annual budget, and quarterly forecast for the operation
- Support decision making through economic modelling and analysis. Interpret operating results as they affect the financial position of the operation and make recommendations in relation to cost reduction, profit improvement, capital management and risk reduction.
- Responsible for leading Site Investment Council which includes oversight and review of all site investment proposals
- Oversight of financial close process (monthly/quarterly/annually) including corporate reporting;
- Ensure complete, accurate and timely financial and management reporting
- Lead site Finance team responsible for cost reporting and analysis
- Developing capabilities of the site finance team to enhance quality of cost reporting and analysis
- Provide support in fulfilling requests from internal/external audit, tax, payroll, and treasury teams.
- Other ad hoc finance related duties, as required
- University degree in Accounting with recognized accounting designation and hands-on financial and operational accounting experience
- 10 years of related work experience
- Extensive experience with budgeting, forecasting, and financial analysis
- Experience in a mining/project/capital intensive environment preferred
- Proven ability to work effectively with internal stakeholders across the organization
- Proven track record of effectively leading and motivating teams
- Willing to travel to mine site periodically during the month
- Comfortable in a fast-moving environment in which you will be expected to provide effective decision support and analytics, to drive value in the operation
- Knowledge of SAP and/or other ERP and reporting systems highly desired
- Fluency in French required
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com/careers no later than February 19, 2020.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.