|Position: SHOVEL OPERATEUR 349 (HAMMER)
Sub-department: Surface operations
Schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
Location: Renard Mine
Homeports : Chibougamau-Chapais, Val d’Or, Quebec and St-Hubert Airports
Stornoway is recruiting a Shovel Operator 349 (CAT 349 hammer). Reporting to the Mine Open pit Supervisor, the Shovel Operator will be responsible for the following activities:
- Operate the hammer used to feed the crusher;
- Operate the shovel CAT-349 (hammer) to perform work related to the MPKC;
- Safely operate the equipment’s;
- Ensure the activity-related tasks are performed efficiently and safely;
- Work closely with the supervisors, technical department, operators and teammates;
- Secure the work area;
- Actively participate in the planning, health and safety and training meetings
- Adequately complete daily reports and other documents
- Follow the work-related laws, rules and procedures
- Perform all other related tasks
- Vocational diploma (DEP) in Heavy Equipment Operation with relevant experience operating a bulldozer, scoop, grader and small loader;
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license;
- Valid General Explosives Permit;
- Exemplary attitude regarding Health and Safety;
- Ability to read plans;
- Self-sufficient and resourceful;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Excellent organizational and task performance skills;
- Ability to work proactively and efficiently;
- Versatility and flexibility in performing tasks;
- Ability to communicate by radio in English and/or French.
The use of the masculine gender is intended solely to lighten the text and refers to both women and men.
Stornoway Diamonds is committed to the principle of employment equity. Our people are our most valuable asset and our goal is to create an inclusive and equitable environment where everyone can reach their true potential.
Stornoway Diamonds does not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. All personnel decisions, including hiring decisions, will be based on the company’s skills and needs. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from a variety of backgrounds.
Thank you for your interest in Stornoway Diamonds, please note that only online applications will be considered.
Please ensure that your profile is complete and up-to-date.
We will only contact you if your application is selected for an interview.